Jump to navigation Jump to search
- When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears.
- You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
- A blow to the head will confuse a man, whereas a blow to the foot has no such effect: this cannot be the result of an immaterial soul.
- Heraclitus c. 500 BCE
- Good for the body is the work of the body, good for the soul the work of the soul, and good for either the work of the other.
- How strange a thing this is! The Priest telleth me that the Soul is worth all the gold in the world, and the merchants say that it is not worth a clipped piece of silver.
- I simply believe that some part of the human Self or Soul is not subject to the laws of space and time.
- Learning how to operate a soul figures to take time.
- One certainly has a soul; but how it came to allow itself to be enclosed in a body is more than I can imagine. I only know if once mine gets out, I'll have a bit of a tussle before I let it get in again to that of any other.
- Why do you hasten to remove anything which hurts your eye, while if something affects your soul you postpone the cure until next year?
- You see, when weaving a blanket, an Indian woman leaves a flaw in the weaving of that blanket to let the soul out.
- Martha Graham
- One of the proofs of the immortality of the soul is that myriads have believed it? They also believed the world was flat.
- The happiest people I have known have been those who gave themselves no concern about their souls, but did their uttermost to mitigate the miseries of others.
- Until you know that life is interesting - and find it so - you haven't found your soul.
- Geoffrey Fisher
- When one tears away the veils and shows them naked, people's souls give off such a pungent smell of decay.
- Octave Mirbeau