Can anyone add 'Every woman loves a fascist'. I believe it is from 'Daddy'. Or if it is not I am sorry.
'How we need another should to cling to' is from 'The Journals of Sylvia Plath,' May 1952.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Sylvia Plath. --Antiquary 18:15, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- And who am I, God-that-I-don't-believe-in?
- Freedom is not of use to those who do not know how to employ it.
- How we need another soul to cling to.
- I don't believe that the meek will inherit the earth: The meek will get ignored and trampled.
- I don't care any more about the handsome wealthy boys who come gingerly into the living room to take out the girl they thought would look nice in an evening cocktail dress...I said I wanted to go out with them to meet new people. I ask you, what logic is there in that? What guy you would like, would see the depths in a girl outwardly like all the other physical american queenies? So why go places with guys you can't talk to? You'll never meet a soul that way---not the sort you want to meet. Better to stay in your garret reading than to go from one party to another. Face it, kid: unless you can be yourself, you won't stay with anyone for long. You've got to be able to talk. That's tough. But spend your nights learning, so you'll have something to say. Something the "attractive intelligent man" will want to listen to.
- If god made man perfect, where did sickness, disease and death come from?
- If I rest, if I think inward, I go mad.
- If they substituted the word "Lust" for "Love" in the popular songs it would come nearer the truth.
- Is anyone anywhere happy?
- I've got to admire someone to really like them deeply - to value them as friends.
- Love is an illusion, but I would be willingly fall for it if I could believe in it.
- No man can ever grasp the whole impersonal neutrality of a universe.
- Reality is relative, depending on what lens you look through.
- So much working, reading, thinking, living to do. A lifetime is not long enough.
- So what is reality? ...It could be the basic truth, the fact of matter, impersonal, neutral. Or it could be, for each individual, what that individual chooses to make of his corner of the world.
- Still whole, I interest nobody.
- To annihilate the world by annihilation of oneself is the deluded height of desperate egotism.
- To learn that while you dream and believe in Utopia, you will scratch & scrabble for your daily bread in your home town and be damn glad if there's butter on it.
- Why the hell are we conditioned into the smooth strawberry-and-cream Mother-Goose-world, Alice-in-Wonderland fable, only to be broken on the wheel as we grow older and become aware of ourselves as individuals with a dull responsibility in life?
- Women in numbers have always disturbed me.
- I write as if an eye were upon me, that is fatal.