Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Native Ukraine
- The village in our Ukraine - as if the pysanka village.
- For the wide-field lany, the Dnipro, and steep slopes, it would be seen and would be heard as the Roaring roars (implying the Dnipro).
- Homonila Ukraine, for long homonila.
- It was once in Ukraine, they were able to govern (panuvaty) (Implying the times of the Kyivan Rus).
- He roars and groans the Dnipro wide (One of the most widely attributed to Taras Shevchenko phrase).
- Fought it Ukraine to the ultimate end: now her own children worse than lachy crucify her.
- Ukraine, Ukraine! My heart, my mother! When I remember your fate, my heart will weep!
- In own hut - there's own truth, own power, own will.
- Fight and over-struggle!
- For she is, the only that we have, all singing and ringing, all weeping and rumbling, and yet without the laurel wreath. (Одна вона у нас така — уся співуча і дзвінка, уся плакуча і гримуча хоч без лаврового вінка.) (speaking of the Ukrainian language)
- Lan (lany - in plural) is a wheat-dressed field.
- Homonity (compare to homonym) is a verb that means a type of noise for many non-distinctive voices. A sort of monotonic noise.
- Lachy Sądeckie, the Galician Polish people.
- Борітеся — поборeте!, the motto of several Ukrainian political parties in 1920s.