Talk:The Perks of Being a Wallflower
p.52 - "This moment will just be another story someday."
This quote is very similar to a lyric from the Puerto Rican band Puya's 1999 album Fundamental. The final line in the Song "Montate" is: "Trata de disfrutar el momento - lo que viene despues es solo un cuento mas" which translates to "Try to enjoy the moment - what comes after is just another story". The album came out 1 month before the book was published, so I don't think it was copied, just a coincidence. Possibly means it was derived from a third source. Sublium
The "Once on yellow paper..." poem
This poem was not written by Stephen Chbosky and therefore should not be attributed to him in Wikiquote.
- I don't want to start thinking again. Not like I have this last week. I can't think again. Not ever again.
- Girls are weird, and I don't mean that offensively. I just can't put it any other way.
- The people are being nicer in the hallways. Not to me necessarily, just in a general way.
- Something really is wrong with me. And I don't know what it is.
- It's better not to know things sometimes.
- I wanted to laugh. Or maybe get mad. Or maybe shrug at how strange everyone was, especially me.
- It was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind that just takes time.