Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I'm not a practicing Catholic or I wouldn't be living unwed with a woman, and I don't think all poofs are going to hell, and I don't think everyone who's had an abortion is damned, most of my friends are atheists and I understand atheism, I get it, but I happen to be a theist. I believe in our answerableness to something else.
- As a theist I believe that God exists and that God creates.
- The only theism worthy of our respect believes in God not because of the way the world is made but in spite of that. The only theism that is no less profound than the Buddha's atheism is that represented in the Bible by Job and Jeremiah.
- The theist and the scientist are rival interpreters of nature, the one retreats as the other advances.
- I am neither Jew nor Gentile, Mahomedan nor Theist; I am but a member of the human family.