- If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it.
This is an actual quote, although slightly paraphrased. The exact quote from the LP cover of "That Was The Year That Was" is:
"If anyone should object to any statement I make I am quite prepared not only to retract it but also to deny under oath that I ever made it."
- I thought there was a good chance it was genuine - it sounds like something he'd say - which is why I didn't delete it out of hand; but my copy of TWTYTW is in a box set with different liner notes, so I've only just had a chance to confirm it. The copy of TWTYTW I have in front of me has slightly different wording again, so I've gone with that. --Paul A 12:13, 28 Jan 2005 (UTC)
I found this on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BDyFuDxA-I with the eminently quotable lines:
- It's so nice to have integrity
- I'll tell you why
- If you really have integrity
- It means your price is very high