Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Ty Cobb.
- Baseball is a red-blooded sport for red-blooded men. It's no pink tea, and molly coddles had better stay out. It's a struggle for supremacy: a survival of the fittest.
- Baseball is something like a war.
- If I had my life to live over, I'd have done things a little different...I'd have had more friends
- Said in his last few years, a time when he was alienated from his entire family, and most others.
- Sure, I fought I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch.
- Every rookie gets a little hazing, but most of them just take it and laugh. Cobb took it the wrong way. He came up with an antagonistic attitude, which in his mind turned any little razzing into a life-and-death struggle. He always figured everybody was ganging up on him. He came up from the South and he was still fighting the Civil War. As far as he was concerned, we were all damn Yankees before he even met us.
- Sam Crawford
- Well he ran well for a fat man.
- Ty's thoughts on Babe Ruth.