vermont is the only state thats been quoted. wow.
i dont know if its a quote but this is something that ive always liked "There are some who argue that "Mud" should be officially recognized as Vermont's fifth season, being that period between Winter and Spring during which the ground is not solid enough to walk on without sinking in up to your ankles. During an especially severe Mud, it is not unheard of to walk out of the house to find nothing but the car's radio antenna sticking up out of the driveway. "
I've heard that exact phrase too. I can't figure out if it's from someone particular, or just some common saying. One I hear a lot, particularly whenever elections go badly- "Vermont used to be a sovereign state. We aren't/ain't afraid to be one again." Another one, but I think some new yorkers use this too- "If you don't like the weather in Vermont, just wait fifteen minutes." --220.127.116.11 19:29, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
- I'm a Vermonta, I do what I wanna.
- Young Vermonter saying
- You can't get there from here.
- Reliable Vermont directions, also a "Maine", and general "New England" proverb.
- It's called a creemee, and if you don't like it get the fuck out.
- Common response to anyone who uses the word "soft serve" in Vermont
- He's as happy as a moose!
- Vermonter interjectional saying ('Mid-19th' to 'Late 20th' Century)
- Take Back Vermont
- Bumper sticker, opposing Civil Unions.
- Take Vermont From Behind
- Bumper sticker, in favor of Civil Unions.
- Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
- Don't Mess With Vermont
- Bumper sticker, seen following Jim Jefford's departure from the Republican Party, which shifted the balance of power in the Senate to the Democrats in 2001
- In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
- The New York Times
- There may be nothing to do, so that is why we make videos!
- "802 Productions"
- There ant no grass like good old Vermont grass."