| This article was preserved after a vote for its deletion. |
See its archived VfD entry for details.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Vince Lombardi.
- I firmly believe that any man's finest hour his greatest fulfilment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorous.
- The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
- When you go into the endzone, act like you've been there before.
- The greatest motivation is fear.
- Fatigue makes cowards of us all. You cannot play fatigued.
- You don't do it right once in a while; you do it right all the time.
- Football is not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.
- I will demand a commitment to excellence and to victory, and that is what life is all about.
- Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
- The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- Quitters never win, winners never quit.
- Battles are primarily won in the hearts of men.
- Practice does not make perfect, it does make permanent.