Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A long life in journalism convinced me many presidents ago that there should be a large air space between a journalist and the head of a state.
- In the end, advertising rests upon the fact that consumers are a fickle and ….superstitious mob, incapable of any real judgment as to what it wants or how it is to ….get what it thinks it likes.
- So far as I am concerned I have no doctrinaire belief in free speech. In the interest of the war it is necessary to sacrifice some of it.
- The facts we see depend on where we are placed and the habits of our eyes.
- The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on.
- The news and the truth are not the same thing.
- The press does not tell us what to think, it tells us what to think about.
- There can be no liberty for a community which lacks the means to detect lies.
- Industry is a better horse to ride than genius.