- It may be belived that many are ignorant of the taste of water.
- -Westminster- Review
- Somewhere, behind space and time,
Is wetter water, slimier slime.
- Rupert Brooke
- His answer trickled through my head
Like water through a sieve.
- Lewis Carroll
- A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.
- I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man.
- Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody.
- Mark Twain
- I have never seen a river that I could not love. Moving water…has a fascinating vitality. It has power and grace and associations. It has a thousand colors and a thousand shapes, yet it follows laws so definite that the tiniest stream is an exact replica of a great river.
- Rivers are roads which move, and which carry us whither we desire to go.