- It may be belived that many are ignorant of the taste of water.
- -Westminster- Review
- Somewhere, behind space and time,
Is wetter water, slimier slime.
- Rupert Brooke
- His answer trickled through my head
Like water through a sieve.
- Lewis Carroll
- A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.
- I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man.
- Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody.
- Mark Twain
- I have never seen a river that I could not love. Moving water…has a fascinating vitality. It has power and grace and associations. It has a thousand colors and a thousand shapes, yet it follows laws so definite that the tiniest stream is an exact replica of a great river.
- Rivers are roads which move, and which carry us whither we desire to go.
- The best, like water,
- Benefit all and do not compete.
- They dwell in lowly spots that everyone else scorns.
- Putting others before themselves,
- They find themselves in the foremost place
- And come very near to the Tao.
- In their dwelling, they love the earth;
- In their heart, they love what is deep;
- In personal relationships, they love kindness;
- In their words, they love truth.
- In the world, they love peace.
- In personal affairs, they love what is right.
- In action, they love choosing the right time.
- It is because they do not compete with others
- That they are beyond the reproach of the world.