Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Woody Hayes.
- There is a force that makes us all brother, none gose his way alone, all the we send into the life of other comes back unto a own.
- You can never really pay back. You can only pay forward.
- A guy from Ohio can make it in life if he works hard enough.
- You win with people.
- Paralyze resistance with persistence.
- I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face.
- Discipline is 95 percent anticipation.
- Without winners, there wouldn't even be any god damned civilization.
- Football represents and embodies everything that's great about this country, because the United States of America is built on winners, not losers or people who didn't bother to play.
- One thing you cannot afford ever to do is to feel sorry for yourself.
- There was no one who had better people than I did, or better football players. And, we outworked the other teams.
- The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fatheaded, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad.
- So many times I've found people smarter than I was.... But you know what they couldn't do? They couldn't outwork me. They couldn't outwork me!
- You can outwork anybody. Try it, you will find out that you can do it.
- Anything easy ain't worth a damn!
- When asked why he went for two despite a 34 point lead against Michigan, Hayes quipped, "Because I couldn't go for three."
- If you can't beat'em on the field, then beat'em on the sidelines. If you can't beat'em on the sidelines then beat the first person you see on the sidelines.