Taraji P. Henson
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I don’t think a living being should suffer for the sake of fashion, period. End of story. When I realized what went into—not just, we’re not just even talking about a full-length fur coat, I’m talking about just the fur on your gloves or on your jacket or even—what goes into making that little piece of fur ripped my heart out!! And as humans, we have control. What if someone said, ‘Black skin is the new fur’?
- You don’t have to kill an animal because you want to be hot and fly. It’s not the 16th century anymore. We’ve got central heating for God’s sake. And you can get a fake fur coat. I have one. It’s fabulous.
- At a party held at Stella McCartney’s Boutique in New York; quoted in "New York Fashion Week: Tim Gunn, Taraji Henson make the case against animal cruelty", NOLA.com (10 February 2011).
- Dogs, to me, are like children. They are the closest thing to God. They are so pure in their love, and all they do is aim to please.
- "Taraji P. Henson: Give Animals the Love That They Deserve", video interview with PETA (27 February 2013).