- కొండ నాలుక కు మందు వేస్తే, ఉన్న నాలుక ఊడిందంట
- Literal: Konda naaluka ku mandhu vesthe, unna naaluka oodindhanta.
- Translation: When he applied medicine to the uvula, it took out the whole tongue.
- English equivalent: The remedy is often worse than the disease; Burn not your house to rid it off the mouse.
- Meaning: The effect of a treatment or bodily enhancement – whether pharmaceutical or not, whether a household remedy or professional-ordained – is often worse than what it was intended to cure or alleviate.
- Carr (1868). A Collection of Telugu Proverbs translated, illustrated and explained. Christian Knowledge Society's Press.