Maria Teresa Thierstein Simões-Ferreira Heinz (born 1938-10-05) is an American philanthropist, the widow of the late U.S. Senator John Heinz and the wife of Senator John Kerry.
- I think I can best do my work as a head of a family, as a nurturer, for the family, meaning a nurturer for Pittsburgh, and in that sense what we do here can be applicable in many places in the world.
- Quoted in "Teresa Heinz: A Woman On A Mission," Harry Stoffer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (1993-11-07
- Explanation on announcing she would not run for her late husband John Heinz's Senate seat.
- You said something I didn't say. Now shove it.
- They want four more years of hell.
- Three more months!
- Dan Balz, "Heinz Kerry Has Retort for Bush Fans," washingtonpost.com (2004-08-03)
- From a campaign rally speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (2004-08-02).
- I want you to issue a challenge for me to debate Howard Dean.