Terrell Eldorado Owens (born December 7, 1973) is an American football wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. Popularly known by his initials, T.O., Owens has established himself as one of the NFL's most productive and outspoken players. Prior to playing with the Bills, he played for the San Francisco 49ers, the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Dallas Cowboys. Owens played college football and basketball at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- I'm content where I am. I know I am going to be a Cowboy for life.
- Tom Orsborn (July 27, 2008) "Owens one happy camper", San Antonio Express-News, p. 01C.
- Once I step on the field, by the things I do in practice and the way I practice, you can't tell that I don't love the game. But I just know it deep down.
- Mike Triplett (September 2, 2001) "He's fast and he's furious - Terrell Owens is all about passion. But is it love or hate? You have to dig deep to discover the engine that drives the 49ers' most controversial player", The Sacramento Bee, p. C1.
- People have doubted me and criticized me my whole life, and that's why I'm the way I am.
- Nancy Gay (October 26, 2000) "The Many Moods of Owens - Why talented receiver does things his own way", San Francisco Chronicle, p. C1.
- I've always been pretty much a quiet person. When I was little, I got picked on a lot. After I went through all that, I pretty much kept to myself.
- Brian Murphy (January 8, 1999) "What A Great Catch 49ers Struck Gold By Picking Owens", The Press Democrat, p. C1.
- Yes, I am a narcissist. The best, too.
- Rob Kirkpatrick, Randy Howe (2007) 1001 Stupid Sports Quotes: Jaw-Dropping, Stupifying, and Amazing Expressions from the World's Best Athletes, Globe Pequot, ISBN 1599210126, p. 94.
- T.O., he's a phenomenal player and a good leader. A lot of people in the media try to make him to be a bad guy, which he's really not. He's a team player. He works hard.
- He's a coach's dream. He's been really wonderful for the other guys I coach. Why? His work ethic, he has a great passion for playing the game; he's made my job easier.
- He's definitely a character. But he's his own marketing tool, and he does it very well. He's real laid-back and subdued most times. Real down-to-earth guy. And when it's lights-camera-action -- different person.
- I think T.O. is the ultimate right now in the league as far as being able to make plays. Every time he touches the ball, he is capable of doing something special with it.