Terror by Night
Jump to navigation Jump to search
One Way Ticket to DEATH..! (taglines)
- Sherlock Holmes: The young lady is taking her mother to Scotland for burial.
- Inspector Lestrade: In a coffin?
- Sherlock Holmes: That is the customary method, I believe.
- Sherlock Holmes: Thank you, Lady Margaret. We'll be as unobtrusive as possible.
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: That would be a novelty from a policeman.
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: My husband gave it to me on our fifth wedding anniversary.
- Sherlock Holmes: 423 carats, isn't it?
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: The original diamond was over 700 carats.
- Sherlock Holmes': Really?
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: [to her son] Your father had it cut. Less ostentatious.
- Dr. John H. Watson: Less ostentatious? It's as big as a duck's egg.
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: I shall report you both to Scotland Yard.
- Inspector Lestrade: ...But I am Scotland Yard.
- Sherlock Holmes: Did you discover anything, Watson?
- Dr. John H. Watson: Yes. He's a very suspicious character. He tried to put me off the scent.
- Sherlock Holmes: From the little I heard, he seemed reasonably successful.
- Prof. William Kilbane: You come pounding on this door again and I'll have the law on you.
- Inspector Lestrade: I am the law.
- Prof. William Kilbane: Then stop barging in and out of my room like a chambermaid.
- Dr. John H. Watson: Try some of this curry. It's excellent.
- Sherlock Holmes: [ignoring him and speaking to the waiter] Steak and kidney pudding, please.
- Major Duncan-Bleek: Of course, the Bengal curry doesn't compare with that of Madras. It's the quality of the mutton that makes the difference, don't you think?
- Dr. John H. Watson: The, uh... the meat's unimportant. It's the spices that make the difference. Don't you agree with me Holmes?
- Sherlock Holmes: [he hasn't been paying attention to the discussion] What?
- Dr. John H. Watson: I say, we-we-we were discussing curry.
- Sherlock Holmes: Oh, yes, curry! Horrible stuff!
- Dr. John H. Watson: Oh, really? One man's meat is another man's poison.
- One Way Ticket to DEATH..!
- Basil Rathbone — Sherlock Holmes
- Nigel Bruce — Dr. John H. Watson
- Alan Mowbray — Major Duncan-Bleek/Sebastian Moran
- Dennis Hoey — Inspector Lestrade
- Renee Godfrey — Vivian Vedder
- Frederick Worlock — Professor Kilbane
- Mary Forbes — Lady Margaret Carstairs
- Skelton Knaggs — Sands