The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is a comedy film released in 2000, starring Robert De Niro as Fearless Leader, Jason Alexander as Boris Badenov, Rene Russo as Natasha Fatale, and the voices of June Foray as Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Keith Scott as Bullwinkle J. Moose.
Bullwinkle J. Moose
- [While flying over Washington D.C.] Boy, New York sure has changed a lot since my day. They even moved the White House here.
- Have you liquidated Moose and Squirrel? Did you use the CDI? Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? Then who else are you talking to? Are you talking to me? Well, I am the only one here, so you must be talking to me. And you are lying. Now catch Moose and Squirrel. And next time use the CDI on them.
- [first lines of the film]
- Narrator: [over stock footage of various historical events in a parody of a newsreel] 1964, a crucial moment in American history: Lyndon Johnson is re-elected to the presidency by a landslide, the New York World's Fair introduces a bright new future... [scene cuts to show Bullwinkle pull Rocky from his hat] And after five scintillating years on the air...
- Bullwinkle: Presto!
- Narrator: The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show is abruptly cancelled.
- Rocky, Bullwinkle: [shocked] Cancelled?!
- [the boys are pulled off screen to the right by a vaudeville hook as two janitors come by to clean up the mess]
- Narrator: Sorry about that, boys. [screen cuts to a card reading "TODAY", followed by shots of more recent live-action footage] A lot has changed in 35 years: Velcro has replaced the zipper, sneakers have lights on them, the Cold War is over, and The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show is still cancelled. [newsreel ends as a hobo yawns and exits the theater, cut to Frostbite Falls, Minnesota where things are looking lively with the locals] Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, once the beloved home of Rocky and Bullwinkle had been a thriving cartoon town. [crossfade to a "third-world country version" of Frostbite Falls] Now, it was crippled by year's of reruns.
- Judge Cameo: And you, Mr. District Attorney, I'd like to point something out to you in the penal code: Section C, Paragraph 22: "Celebrities are above the law." This case is dismissed.
- Judge Cameo: The defendants are charged with grand theft auto: 1 count; breaking out of jail: 1 count; impugning the character of a prison guard: 1 count; reckless driving: 4 counts; talking to the audience; five counts; criminally bad punning: 18 counts.
- Bullwinkle: And three dukes and seven earls. Ha ha ha ha.
- Judge Cameo: Make that 19.
- Boris Badenov: FEARLESS LEADER, MOOSE IS LOOSE!!!
- Fearless Leader: GET THEM!!!!!!
- [last lines of the film]
- Bullwinkle: Bye!
- Rocky: Bye-bye!
About The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
- Erm, I had a good time on Rocky & Bullwinkle.
- Robert De Niro