The Alvin Show
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Alvin Show is an American animated television series that aired in first-run syndication from October 1961 to September 1962. It is the first series to feature the singing characters Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Stanley the Eagle [1.01]
- Alvin: What'll we do?
- Theodore: I don't know.
- Simon: What do you wanna do?
- Alvin: [looking up] I don't know... wanna build somethin'?
- Simon: [to Alvin] What?
- Alvin: [shrugs] I don’t know.
- Simon: [shrugs] How about a bird house?
- Theodore: Heheh yeah! Maybe we could get a bird to play with.
- Simon: [to Theodore] Sure! A robin!
- Theodore: A bluebird!
- Alvin: What's the matter with an eagle?
- Dave: [pointing] Arrest that eagle!
- Cop 1: [scene cuts to Alvin standing innocently next to the birdhouse] What eagle?
- Dave: Why that eagle! [looks, but doesn’t see Stanley] right... [the two cops look at each other and give each other a wink] Alvin, where's that eagle? [getting mad] Alvin! Tell them about the eagle!!
- Alvin: [innocently] Eagle? Eagles live only in high mountains, they're never in-
- Dave: Now cut that out! Tell them about Stanley!
- Alvin: [innocently looks around] Stanley?
- Dave: [shouting] Yeah! Stanley the Eagle, you know! [hovering over Alvin, pointing at the birdhouse] And! That's! His! House!
- Cops: [bemused, while the cop on the left points] "Stanley the eagle and that's his house."
- Cop 1: [as they go grab Dave] Come with us Seville.
- Cop 2: [as both cops drag a VERY peeved Dave off] You've been making too many records.
- Dave: [the three Chipmunks watch Stanley fly in circles above] Now wait a minute! Alvin, tell them about Stanley! Tell them about Stanley the eagle! Alvin!? Alvin!? AAAAALLLVIIIIIN!!!
Theodore's Dog [1.20]
- Dave: Tomorrow, we hit the road boys, so get a good night sleep!
- Theodore: I could sleep better if I had a dog guarding me.
- Dave: [to Theodore] You can't have a dog, so you eat yourself sick! And when you eat yourself sick, what do you do? You take something bitter! Right Theodore?
- Theodore: [eyes squeezed shut] Right Dave. [takes spoonful of medicine, face showing disgust]
Haunted House [1.21]
- J. P. Lester: Ready... set... [smoke appears and J. P. sniffs] Hey, what's that? Smells like something burning [looks down] It is something burning! MMEEEE!!!
- Dave: [after going over to the other side and picks up a sleeping J. P. Lester] Alvin, Alvin, speak to me Alvin.
- Alvin: [walking up behind Dave, with an extra blanket under his arm] What do you want me to say Dave?
- Dave: [looking at Alvin] Don’t bother me now Alvin. [looks back at J. P., who's now waking up] Now Alvin- [looks at camera before looking at the awake Theodore and Simon, sitting in bed] If that's Theodore... and that’s Simon... [looks back at Alvin] And you're Alvin... [looks at the ghost, who's fully awake] then you... must... be a-a...
- J. P. Lester: [calmly] Ghost?
- [In white blurs, Dave and the Chipmunks rush out of the house and leave]
Sir Alvin [1.24]
- Simon: Oh Sir Alvin, save me! Oh kiss me Sir Alvin! [Theodore giggles as Simon kisses the air]
- Alvin Seville, Simon Seville, Theodore Seville, David Seville (voiced by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.)