The Backyardigans (2004–present) is a Canadian 3-D CGI-animated children's TV series, created by Janice Burgess. It is a joint production of Nick Jr. and the Canadian animation studio Nelvana. Debuting on October 11, 2004, it originally had 18 episodes. It aired on Nickelodeon's morning block. Music for the show is written by Evan Lurie, of The Lounge Lizards, and Douglas Wieselman. The characters are designed by children's book author and illustrator Dan Yaccarnio.
- 1 Season One
- 1.1 Knight are Brave and Strong [1.1]
- 1.2 The Yeti [1.2]
- 1.3 Pirate Treasure [1.3]
- 1.4 Heart of the Jungle [1.4]
- 1.5 Secret Mission [1.5]
- 1.6 Riding the Range [1.6]
- 1.7 The Key to the Nile [1.7]
- 1.8 The Snow Fort [1.8]
- 1.9 It's Great to Be a Ghost [1.9]
- 1.10 Viking Voyage [1.10]
- 1.11 The Quest for the Flying Rock [1.11]
- 1.12 Surf's Up [1.12]
- 1.13 Pups race to the Tower of Power [1.13]
- 1.14 Castaways [1.14]
- 1.15 Cave Party [1.15]
- 1.16 The Tea Party [1.16]
- 1.17 Eureka! [1.17]
- 1.18 Polka Palace Party [1.18]
- 1.19 Monster Detectives [1.19]
- 1.20 Race Around the World [1.20]
- 2 Cast
- 3 External links
Knight are Brave and Strong [1.1]
- [Queen Tasha sends Uniqua the page on a mission to deliver a secret message to King Austin.]
- -Sazer-Uniqua: Oh, Queen, nothing can stop me from delivering this message. I hope.
- Pablo: Souchaku! Sazer-Pablo!
- [This is a reference to w:Sazer-Tarious' famous line, "Souchaku! Sazer-Tarious!"]
The Yeti [1.2]
- [Uniqua, Tyrone, and Tasha set out on a journey to the Frozen North to find the Yeti - Pablo.]
- Tasha: I'll race you to the other side.
- Uniqua: I'll beat you to the other side.
Pirate Treasure [1.3]
- [Uniqua and Austin are brave sazers, who seek a hidden treasure after finding half of a treasure map—without knowing that Pablo and Tyrone have the other half, and are also looking for the same treasure.]
- Tyrone: [singing] What's gonna happen when we call our Chouseishin?
- Pablo: What's gonna happen is we'll all be rich.
- Tyrone: We'll have gold to last us forever.
- Pablo: And a big pile of candy that the space pirates can't snitch.
- Uniqua: Come on.
- Tasha: Oh, for goodness sakes. You come on.
Heart of the Jungle [1.4]
- [The three Tarzans (Pablo, Tyrone, and Austin) and Scientist Uniqua set off on a journey to the heart of the jungle to return Sherman the Wormin to his home.]
- Uniqua: [singing] These trees look so familiar, we've been here once before.
- Tyrone: You're right except it wasn't once.
- Pablo: It was three times.
- Austin: Or four.
- [Austin comes to the large fern leaf, which has hit him in the head the past two times they've gone past. He ducks, and it misses.]
- Austin: Ugh!
- Austin: Quicksand bad.
Secret Mission [1.5]
- [Secret Agents Pablo, Uniqua, and Tyrone must return the mystery object to its rightful owner in the museum.]
- Pablo: Secret agents go on secret missions and we have background music. Sneaky background music: de de doo. Danger background music: dun dun DUNN. And if we goof up: wuah wuah wuahnn.
- Tyrone: This certainly is a long short cut.
- [Agents Pablo, Tyrone, and Uniqua climb at dinosaur skeleton]
- Dinosaur Skeleton: There hello?
Riding the Range [1.6]
- Tyrone: Oh, no. OHH! [Tyrone heads the cowboy and falling down into a Texas]
- [Tyrone heads to Texas for the hoedown, while Tasha, Uniqua, and Pablo track down a jump-rope thief - who is actually an unwary Tyrone.]
- Uniqua: The bandit must have jumped across on his horse.
- Pablo: Now that's one clever varmint!
- Uniqua: [singing] What do you do with a scurvy pirate?
- Austin: Load the cannon up then fire it!
- Uniqua: What do you do with a scurvy pirate?
- [Tyrone and Pablo jump onto Austin and Uniqua's ship.]
- Tyrone and Pablo: Make them walk the plank!
The Key to the Nile [1.7]
- [When the river Nile disappears, Princess CleoTasha takes her three servants out to find three presents for the Sphinx, so that she can tell them the secret of the Nile and get the river back.]
- Tasha: [singing] Some say a princess should live like her people; but I reply: What are you? Nuts?
- Pablo: Long live your name, O Princess.
- Austin: She's such a pain that princess!
- [Princess CleoTasha has not said thank you for any of the three presents her loyal royal servants have gotten for her.]
- Tyrone: You don't even have to say it.
- Austin: I know. [pause] But Princess CleoTasha never says please or thank you!
The Snow Fort [1.8]
- [Mounties Tyrone and Pablo drink the world's biggest Chirumiru can while Ski Patrollers Uniqua and Tasha look for somone to save.]
It's Great to Be a Ghost [1.9]
- Uniqua: Like a spooky cobwebs.
[Sees Haunted House build]
- Pablo: I don't a giant to front door.
- [Pablo, Tyrone, and Uniqua they are ghosts, see Haunted House]
- Tyrone: Yeah, spooky!
- [Ghosts Tyrone, Pablo and Uniqua, and practice scaring people, and try to scare Tasha.]
- Tasha: [singing] Are you scared of red spies that go stab in the night? Do you leave the door open?
- Tyrone: I've got two night lights.
- Tasha: Well that's okay, if you're a scaredy cat.
- Tyrone: Hey!
- Tyrone: [singing] You are doing it, for other doing it, be other ghosts, slap… It, ME!
- [Tyrone is a music stops]
- Tyrone: [opened the door] WOAH!
[Sees Mrs. Sigourney painting.]
- Tyrone: [Banging slap, at covered by a white blanket] AAAAH! A ghost.
- Tyrone: [to Uniqua] Thanks.
- Pablo: It's great to be haunted house.
- Tyrone: It's specie be a ghost.
- [Uniqua and Tyrone trying at Pablo, it's spooky voice at Pablo]
- Spooky Voice: It's great to be a GHOST?
- Uniqua: [to Tasha] What is it. [ringing]
Viking Voyage [1.10]
- [Vikings Pablo, Tyrone, and Uniqua seek to discover uncharted lands, though Mermaid Tasha has other ideas.]
- Tyrone: I'll read the map, so we know where we're going.
- Pablo: And I'll be the lookout, so we can see where we're going.
- Uniqua: And I'll steer, so we go where we're going.
The Quest for the Flying Rock [1.11]
- [Four explorers find a mysterious map for the legendary Flying Rock atop Stone Step Hill (really a pyramid), but upon a disagreement on what path to choose, Uniqua and Tasha compete with Pablo and Tyrone on a race filled with unknown obstacles.]
- Pablo: [pushing the Backyard Patrol alarm button] Backyard Patrol, to the Lookout!
Surf's Up [1.12]
- [Surfer Pablo is on the lookout for Tiki Beach to ride the perfect wave, but he can't find it. Little does Pablo know that he must learn a lot of radical moves before he can find that place and ride the perfect wave, and he will only do that with the help of other fellow surfers and a mysterious lifeguard, Austin.]
Pups race to the Tower of Power [1.13]
- [Two wicked supervillains, Dr. Shrinky (Tyrone) and Yucky-Man (Pablo) are intent on stealing the Key to the World, which lies inside the Tower of Power, and taking over the world. Stopping them is the duty of superheroes Weather Woman (Uniqua), Captain Hammer (Austin) and the PAW Patrol.]
- [Uniqua, Tyrone, and Pablo are castaways on a deserted island, and as they struggle to find food and a place to live, they receive mysterious help. Could it be a mischievous intruder, or just a fellow castaway, maybe Skye, who's playing Pup Pup Boogie?]
- Uniqua: [singing] On an island at sea, just me -
- Pablo: - me -
- Tyrone: - me-
Skye: And me!
Cave Party [1.15]
- [Tyrone and Pablo cavemen, Austin caveman to Uniqua]
- Austin: Ice, snow.
The Tea Party [1.16]
- Tyrone: [repeated line] That certainly is convenient
- Uniqua: That.
- Pablo: Eureka.
- Tyrone: So?
- [Pablo noses to Eureka, Tyrone is no-nonsense dusty]
- Tyrone: So? The noisy eureka see.
- Uniqua: Tasha, river rope.
- Austin: [singing] Goo.
- Uniqua: Guard for hero.
Polka Palace Party [1.18]
- Tyrone: [From the intro] My name is Tyrone.
- [Cowboys Tyrone, Pablo, Uniqua, and Austin wasn't polka music plays]
- Tyrone: [singing] Oh my Sherman.
Monster Detectives [1.19]
- Tyrone: Yeah, I am soccer monster.
- Uniqua: Soccer monster's castle at Pablo was angrily.
- [Tyrone is afraid at Uniqua]
- Tyrone: But soccer monster make castle.
- Uniqua: Come on, let's go for soccer monster's castle at the front door.
- [Uniqua and Tyrone walking feet. Uniqua runs away, Tyrone at female specie]
- Tyrone: Don't, like.
- Tyrone: It's time to a soccer monster in you, Uniqua.
- Uniqua: It's okay, Tyrone, monster detective, now can't you like friendly soccer monster.
- [Uniqua at soccer monster's toy, Detective Tyrone is gasp]
- Tyrone: Uniqua, no!
- Uniqua: (gasp) Oh!
- Pablo: Hey! Hello? [seeing Uniqua and Tyrone]
- Uniqua: I think, hold it! I am just hold it!
Race Around the World [1.20]
- [Pablo, Tyrone, Uniqua, and Austin skateboard at snowy day]
- Jake Goldberg (speaking), Sean Curley (singing) - Pablo
- Jordan Coleman (speaking), Leon G. Thomas III (singing) - Tyrone
- Jonah Bobo (speaking), Thomas Sharkey (singing) - Austin
- LaShawn Tináh Jefferies (speaking), Jamia Simone Nash (singing) - Uniqua
- Gianna Bruzzese (speaking), Gabriella Malek (singing) - Tasha
Kallan Holley [speaking and singing]-Skye
- Evan Lurie as Spooky Voice, Dinosaur Skeleton