Jump to navigation Jump to search
Paramount's All Talking-Singing Musical Comedy Hit! (taglines)
- Three years ago I came to Florida without a nickel in my pocket. Now I've got a nickel in my pocket.
- [to Chico] Now this is our cemetery. I've got a list of a hundred people just dying to get in. But I like you and I'm going to shove you in ahead of all of them. I'm going to get you a steady position. And if I can arrange it, it'll be horizontal.
- Hammer: All along the river, those are all levees.
- Chico: That's the Jewish neighborhood?
- Hammer: Well, we'll pass over that.
- Hammer: Hey, do you know your suitcase is empty?
- Chico: Don't worry, we fill it up before we leave.
- Chico: We no got one cent.
- Hammer: How you gonna pay for your room?
- Chico: That's your lookout!
- Hammer: Oh, I see! You're just an idle roomer!
- Mrs. Potter: I don't think you'd love me if I were poor.
- Hammer: I might, but I'd keep my mouth shut.
- Bob Adams: Oh Mr. Hammer, there's a man outside wants to see you with a black mustache.
- Hammer: Tell him I've got one.
- Hammer: And now, friends, in view of the fact that Miss Potter's engagement is being celebrated here tonight, so to speak, I think a few words from her mother would be revolting! I now take great pleasure in presenting to you the well-preserved and partially pickled, Mrs. Potter.
- Mrs. Potter: My good, good friends. If I could only tell you how rosy-hued everything seems to me tonight. As I look into your faces, they're all lit with gay laughter. The whole world and everything in it is bathed in a soft, glowing luminous haze...
- Hammer: The old gal is stewed to the eyebrows.
- Paramount's All Talking-Singing Musical Comedy Hit!
- Groucho Marx — Mr. Hammer
- Harpo Marx — Harpo
- Chico Marx — Chico
- Zeppo Marx — Jamison
- Mary Eaton — Polly Potter
- Oscar Shaw — Robert 'Bob' Adams
- Margaret Dumont — Mrs. Potter
- Kay Francis — Penelope
- Cyril Ring — Harvey Yates
- Basil Ruysdael — Detective Hennessey