The Courtship of Eddie's Father (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Courtship of Eddie's Father is a 1963 Metrocolor romantic comedy film directed by Vincente Minnelli, and stars Glenn Ford as a widowed father and Ron Howard as his caring son.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Elizabeth Marten: [after closing the door behind her] I think he's going to be alright now.
- Tom Corbett: A fish is a fish.
- Elizabeth Marten: Tom.
- Tom Corbett: A fish is a fish and his mother's is his mother!
- Elizabeth Marten:: That isn't the point.
- Tom Corbett: He doesn't even care about those damn fish! I have to tell him to feed half of the time it just takes him about two seconds to give him a little!
- Elizabeth Marten:' He needed to cry.
- Tom Corbett: Well then cry according to the size of it!
- Elizabeth Marten: It doesn't work that way!
- Tom Corbett: Well I don't agree! Look if you're sad you cry. You don't save up your tears and go to a sad movie do you?
- Elizabeth Marten: But we do we all do! Were do you think we get the tears we cry at a movie?
- Tom Corbett: Tears for a mother cannot be the same as tears for a fish!
- Tom Corbett: Oh Tom can't we talk about this calmly? I want to help so much.
- Tom Corbett: Thank you very much! And thank you for kind plus and your fudge but we're doing just fine.
- Tom Corbett: I'm very sorry for all of you! Please forgive me! [Elizabeth runs to her apartment bedroom and slams the door behind her.]