The Covenant (2006 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Covenant is a 2006 supernatural thriller about four young men who belong to a supernatural legacy are forced to battle a fifth power long thought to have died out.
- [about being chased my the cops] Oh, you wanna stop? That'll impress Harvard.
- [as he, Pogue, Tyler, and Caleb are about to drive over the cliff] Harry Potter can kiss my ass!
- I'm going to make you my weeyotch!
- [to Pogue] Come to save little Ms. Muffet, have we? Well, you're too late. A spider came and sat down beside her and frightened Ms. Muffet away!
- [to Reid, about their powers] What will it take for you to get it? It's addictive, you moron!
- [about their powers] It's not right using it on each other, Caleb
- [making a bet on the bar-maid] Boys, that girl hasn't worn panties since she was twelve.
- [jumping off the cliff] Come on, Caleb. It's not like it's going to kill us. Yet.
- Kyra: [to Sarah] So, tell me. How does one go about getting into Spencer from a public?
- Kate: [about spiders] They're all over the place here.
- Reid: What's up fellas?
- Tyler: Where were you? I stopped by to give you a lift.
- Reid: Had things to do. How's the party?
- Pogue: Don't know. Just got here.
- Reid: Well hell boys... (eyes turn black) let's drop in. (steps off the cliff)
- Tyler: Shit, yeah! (follows off cliff)
- [challenging each other]
- Caleb: My power's greater than yours.
- Reid: Not until you ascend.
- Caleb: Alright. Go for it tough guy.
- [driving up to the old house]
- Caleb: Our family's first colony house.
- Sarah Wenham: Wait, someone lives here?
- Caleb Danvers: Just our caretaker, Gorman.
- [gun shot rings out]
- Caleb: Gorman! It's me! It's ok! (to Sarah) He doesn't see that well anymore.
- Sarah: You think?
- Gorman: (from the house) Who's with you?
- Caleb: Just a friend! Be right back
- Sarah: So, why do you call them The Sons of Ipswich? What are they, like a boy band?
- Kate: I like you. You're funny. Not like all the other stuck-up bitches. No. They're supposedly descendants of the five families that settled the Ipswich colony in the 1600s.
- Sara: Old Money.
- (after Chase helps the girls)
- Sara: See? Chilvary is not dead after all.
- Kate: (looking at Chase) No, it just transfered in.
- Kate: (turning from her mirror) You know both Caleb and Reid were checking you out tonight. But if were me, I'd go for Caleb.
- Sara: Why?
- Kate: He's just one of those majorly good guys, you know.
- Sara: Well, how do you mean?
- Kate: Well, like he could stay here in the dorms and party with the rest of us. But her stays at home to care for his mom.
- Sara: What's wrong with her?
- Kate: After Caleb's dad died, she became a bit of an alcoholic.
- Sara: Is he seeing anyone?
- Kate: (giddy) So we are interested!
- Sara: So, who's the fifth?
- Kate: What fifth?
- Sara: Well, you said five families...
- Kate: They say the fifth was killed off during the Salem Witchhunt.
- Only the power of hell can help them.
- Four have the power. One will stop at nothing to possess it.
- To save the future, they must battle their past.
- In 1692, five families with untold power formed a covenant of silence. One family lusting for more, was banished, their bloodline disappearing without a trace. Until now.
- Steven Strait - Caleb Danvers
- Laura Ramsey - Sarah Wenham
- Sebastian Stan - Chase Collins
- Taylor Kitsch - Pogue Parry
- Chace Crawford - Tyler Simms
- Toby Hemingway - Reid Garwin
- Jessica Lucas - Kate Tunney
- Kyle Schmid - Aaron Abbot
- Wendy Crewson - Evelyn Danvers
- Stephen McHattie - William Danvers III
- Kenneth Welsh - Provost Higgins