The Dancing Masters
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do you want to learn to dance---with joy? Take a lesseon from Laurel and Hardy in "The Dancing Master," their latest screen scream! (taglines)
- Trudy Harlan: You boys believe that Grant has a great future as an inventor, don't you?
- Oliver Hardy: Well, I believe that Grant'll be an inventor of the first rank.
- Stan Laurel: What's rank?
- Oliver Hardy: You are! SHUT UP!
- Stan Laurel: I don't mind starvin' again.
- Oliver Hardy: It's all right with me.
- Stan Laurel: You know you can't keep an egg in two baskets. That's silly... unless you want to scramble them. I wouldn't be that stupid, you know. I knew a fella once that he had some money in the bank, and he wouldn't draw it out. And, you know what? He lost his job, and still he wouldn't draw it out. Then he starved to death - that killed him. And then he died, and after he was dead. A friend of his got all his money, and he drewed it out of the bank. and I could live happily ever after. Yes, sir!
- Oliver Hardy: [with disgust] You make me sick!
- Stan Laurel: Well, we've all got to live and learn, you know.
- Oliver Hardy: Yeah, but you just live!
- Stan Laurel: [posing as a foreign scientist] Alakazam bazooka. Smorgasbord.
- [Oliver shoves Stan in frustration.]
- Oliver Hardy: [mimicking Stan disgustedly] "Smorgasbord!"
- [Stan and Oliver are housecleaning. The doorbell rings. Stan picks up the phone.]
- Oliver Hardy: [with disgust] It's the doorbell, stupid!
- Do you want to learn to dance---with joy? Take a lesson from Laurel and Hardy in "The Dancing Master," their latest screen scream!
- Stan Laurel — Stanley
- Oliver Hardy — Oliver
- Trudy Marshall — Trudy Harlan
- Robert Bailey — Grant Lawrence
- Matt Briggs — Wentworth Harlan
- Margaret Dumont — Louise Harlan
- Allan Lane — George Worthing
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|