The Fair-Haired Hare
The Fair-Haired Hare is a Looney Tunes cartoon starring Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. Released April 14, 1951, the cartoon is directed by Friz Freleng. The voices were performed by Mel Blanc. In the short, Yosemite Sam and Bugs battle it out over property rights above Bugs' rabbit hole.
- Bugs Bunny: [singing and playing a guitar] Oh, give me a home, where the buffaloes roam, and the deers, and the antelopes play, [to the audience] and the rabbits, [continues singing and playing the guitar] where seldom is hoid a discouraging woid, and the skies are not cloudy all day.
- [suddenly, a pile of wooden planks laid down and lined up in a row, covering Bugs Bunny's rabbit hole up in the process]
- Bugs Bunny: Hey! What the... What's all the rumpus?!
- [construction workers build a cabin, as Bugs Bunny becomes uneasy]
- Bugs Bunny: Hey, bring on the fiddles.
- Yosemite Sam: [after poisoning the juice] Here's your juice, rabbit, now drink it up.
- Bugs Bunny: [spins the table] Trade ya.
- Yosemite Sam: [spins the table back] Drink your own juice!
- Bugs Bunny: [spins the table multiple times] Round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows.
- Yosemite Sam: [stops the table from spinning] CUT IT OUT! [pulls out his gun] NOW DRINK YOUR JUICE, BEFORE I BLOWS THE FUR OFF'N YER HIDE! [brightens] It's good for ya.
- Bugs Bunny: I'm not going to drink till you drink yours foist!
- Yosemite Sam: [chuckles darkly] OK, it's a deal. [drinks the poisoned carrot juice, then pulls his gun again] NOW, DRINK UP, VARMINT!!
- Bugs Bunny: [trembling nervously, Bugs Bunny drinks the clean carrot juice, then brightens] Ah. Hey, that's delicious! How about a second helping, doc?
- Mel Blanc as Bugs Bunny / Yosemite Sam / Judge.