The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is a 2006 film and the third installment of The Fast and The Furious franchise. The plot revolves around an American expatriate in Tokyo who gets interested in the local drift racing community - but finds himself in a brewing Yakuza crisis and now has to race to save himself.
- Directed by Justin Lin. Written by Chris Morgan.
- We race, and the loser leaves town for good.
- I have money, it's trust and character I need around me. You know, who you choose to be around you, let's you know who you are.
- [in Japanese; to DK over Han's embezzlement] There's an old saying: "For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost."
- [after Clay shatters the rear windshield of Sean's Monte Carlo with a baseball, Sean steps out of his car and has a stare down with Clay and his gang. As Clay's gang approaches Sean, Sean brandishes a wrench in his hand, and they stop]
- Cindy: Why don't you nice boys let your chumps do the talking?
- Sean: I only race for pink slips.
- Clay: This car goes for 80 grand. What am I going to do with a broken-ass piece of shit like that? [Crowd howls while Sean smiles at Clay]
- Cindy: How about me? [Sean and Clay stare at Cindy] Winner gets... me. [Sean smiles. Clay spits]
- Han: Hey, brother. [gets punched by Takashi/DK]
- DK: I VOUCHED FOR YOU! PUT MY REPUTATION ON THE LINE FOR YOU YOU! [pushes him] WE WERE PARTNERS!!! You think you can keep your side deals from me?
- Han: [pushes him back] Come on! We ain't in the boy scouts. It's what we do.
- Neela: Takashi!
- [Takashi points a gun at Han]
- DK: How about now? Hmm? Is this what we do?
- Han: Man, you need me. You'd still be shaking down tea houses for chump change if it wasn't for me.
- Han: The red Evo's yours.
- Sean: What do you mean?
- Han: You're representing me now. What do you think, I'm gonna let you roll in a Hyundai?
- Twinkie: You know that real famous painting? That one with the woman smiling all the time?
- Sean: The Mona Lisa?
- Twinkie: Right, right, right, the Mona Lisa. Well look man, this car right here is like the Mona Lisa of the drift world. Han rebuilt this bad boy from the ground-up. We talkin' forged pistons, bigger turbo, new rods, new crankshaft. Hey man, Han's labor ain't cheap man, you feel me?
- Sean: Well if I needed a 30-second lesson on how to drift…
- Twinkie: Look man, there are lots of ways you can do this all right. Hand braking is the easiest so the first thing I want you to do, I want you to rip that e-brake. All right after you rip the e-brake I want you to power over. [Sean looks puzzled about the power over] You know what, just don't mess up Mona all right?
- [on the highway, Sean engages the nitrous in Han's RX-7 and zips past a Skyline. He suddenly notices a police car parked on the left side of the road. The cops clock him at 197 km/h. Sean is surprised when he sees that the police car is not bothering to chase him]
- Sean: What the?
- Han: Police cars here are only factory-tuned. If you can do better than 180K they can't catch you, so they don't even try.
- Sean: [chuckles] You know what, I'm starting to like this country already.
- DK: Understand that, gaijin?
- Neela: Takashi.
- Sean: We were just talking. [later] That word you called me, gaijin, or something really. What does that mean exactly?
- DK: It means… turn around… keep walking.
- Twinkie: [to Sean] That's exactly what we're gonna do. Come on man, let's go. [whispers to Sean] Hey man look, he's Yakuza.
- Sean: I see. That's funny, I thought this was like a free country, where a girl can talk to whoever she wants.
- If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control.
- On the streets of Tokyo, speed needs no translation...
- Speed Needs No Translation.
- Lucas Black – Sean Boswell
- Nathalie Kelley – Neela
- Sung Kang – Han
- Bow Wow – Twinkie
- Brian Tee – Takashi/DK (Drift King)
- Leonardo Nam – Morimoto
- Brian Goodman – Major Boswell
- Zachery Ty Bryan – Clay
- Nikki Griffin – Cindy
- Jason Tobin – Earl
- Keiko Kitagawa – Reiko
- Lynda Boyd – Ms. Boswell
- Sonny Chiba – Kamata
- Vin Diesel – Dominic Toretto