- [after seeing the size of his opponent] That guy did not just get off the fuckin' couch. If he did, I'm gonna get a couch like that.
- [to Charlene] I don't have a girlfriend, alright? I... I like you. I came here because I don't wanna show my face in Lowell. I told everybody I was gonna win that fight and get back on track. I told my daughter I was gonna get a bigger apartment so she could move in. You don't think I wanted to call you? I was embarrassed. I'm sick of bein' a fuckin' disappointment. don't say that about my family. she red dog and that beaver. don't uses the nicknames. i'm Quitin Charlene, i'm done okay i don't need it anymore. you sound like them now. you can't do this to us, you this to us, you sound like them now. CHARLENE WAIT PLEASE I'M SORRY.
- [pointing at each member of his family] I'm the one who's fighting. Not you, not you, and not you.
- [to Alice] couldn't this just be my fight Alice? maybe just this one time not for Dicky? i know you think hes coming back. hes forty years old. am i being selfish? am i saying Micky, Micky, Micky, okay if i am, am sorry. i think i was fighting for the championship and i think you were my mother too.
- [to the sisters] be nice. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE SCREW NOW!
- [to Dickie] you ain't me alright you can't be me okay.
- Its not fuckin' ladylike to be shoutin' in the street like this.
- [to Micky] Are you like me? Was just good enough to fight Sugar Ray? Never had to win, did I? You gotta do more in there. You gotta win a title. For you, for me, for Lowell. This is your time, all right? You take it. I had my time and I blew it. You don't have to. All right? You fuckin' get out there, and use all the shit that you've been through, all the shit we've gone through over the fuckin' years, and you put it in that ring right now. This is yours. This is fuckin' yours.
- [ to Alice] hes gotta take to the body ma, he gotta take it to the body.
- Who used to be the pride of Lowell? Right here. [points at himself] Who's the pride of Lowell now? [points at Micky] Right there.
- [ to Charlene] why don't you just fuckin come down here and talk to me huh? Charlene, Charlene it's not fuckin ladylike to be shouting out in the streets like this alright? alright i know you can't fuckin stand me i ain't got no use to you either but my brother loves you so you can't quit because of me he don't deserved that so i will quit if you want me to quit. i swear to god, but i want you to think about something, Micky has chance to do something that didn't done, in my time i never had a chance to. i'm hear to make things right. i was in the ring you really think i know what fucking Happen that day? what have ever done with your life huh? yeah what have you ever done with it, what have you ever done with you're life. you're a college drop put Charlene your just a little bar girl you're life sucks. So am i and he needs me, which i know he needs you. what it's icing. alright it's a deal.
- [to Micky] are you just gonna stand here and stare at my ass, well your father stare at my ass but he talk to me.yeah you're that huh stepping stone. That's the movie you wanted to see? There wasn't even any good sex in it. Had to read the whole fuckin' movie. Fuckin' subtitled. Some guy from a road crew recommended it to you? A fuckin' subtitled movie? you really think your family's looking after you? well what else can i say after what you told me. i mean look at you? look at your face? no crazy time non sense. no Dicky no Alice. i don't think i'll fucking call them anything. i don't want to see you Micky, i can't take it, i'm not gonna let you or your family drug me down. that fucking stupid. because it's sad that you let them take it away from you with their stupid bullshit. there's a lot you can do Micky there's this guy that your dad wants you to meet and you just can't think you can do it without Dicky. don't call.don't call me okay? holy shit Micky your mother and your sisters are here. no i'm not hiding from your crazy fucking family. I WANT THEM THE FUCK WHAT OF HERE NOW before i call the cops! get them out of here now! that's not the deal we made baby, it wasn't the deal, come you can't do this to us. i sound like them now? you sound like them now, no you sound like them now. you should fucking listen too yourself. you sound like them, just like them and maybe this is where you belong. i'm sorry, yeah i am.
- [to Alice] Stop calling' me an MTV girl, or whatever the fuck that means. really i heard a lot about you two. same thing you meant.i'm Charlene we just met, we're together do we need to do this again, do i need to do this with you again, hi i'm Charlene.i know that going to Vegas and getting paid to train year around sounds a hell of a lot better than what you got him doing here. Micky is a grown man he can think for himself. well i'm talking you. you got a funny way of showing it by letting him get beat up and letting him get his hand broken. you know what you are, pathetic that what you are. shut it bitch!
- [to Cindy]FUCK YOU BITCH, fuck you. you punk ass bitch. yeah and you're a Peace of shit,you disgusting ass troll what are you gonna do about it? Bitch!. yeah fuck you too bitch. you stupid ass, white trash, Junkey ass, bum Bitch!
- [to Cathy] don't call me skank or i swear I'll rip that nasty ass hair right off your fucking head Bitch. What i did just say to you? What did i just say to you? what did i just say to you? and fuck you too Bitch. FUCK YOU, you ugly ass, raggedy ass peice of shit, fuck you, you ugly white trash bum! you stupid ass BITCH!
- [to Dickie] oh fuck you. oh yeah and i'm pretty sure you're gonna need something for something now that your out. oh my back, oh you back. no fuck you. cause you're the problem, you're the problem. get off my porch you piece of shit. okay how fucking dare you come up here. you cocksucker. stupid dick head. your fucking asshole Dicky i want you off my fucking porch! your such in asshole coming to my fucking house you piece of shit standing on my porch! your such a fucing cocksucker coming over here. oh yeah you think i fucking care? get off my fucking porch Dicky! really what makes you say that? oh yeah my big chance was with sugar ray liner yeah i'm so great i'm the pride of fuckin Lowell oh yeah i fought sugar ray. okay lets make things right number one you didn't knock down sugar ray liner he drop. i like my life Dicky. i like my life Dicky. alright i drink to much and I worked in a lot of bars. And i ruined a lot of opportunities, but i'm trying to do something better here. and so is Micky. what is that blue shit on your arm? okay i'll see you at Micky's corner or otherwise go fuck yourself. alright it a deal.
- [to Gail] keep your fucking hands off me bitch.[ as Charlene was punching her hard in the nose]
- [ to Micky's sisters] that right you punk Bitches! that fucking right you guys! you fucking assholes! get the fuck off my porch! get your ugly asses off my porch! get the fuck off my property! get the fuck out of here before i call the cops. you raggedy, ugly disgusting ass, rat face, peace of shits! what the fuck do you all think this is?! who the hell do you all think you all are anyway?! get the fuck out of before you're ugly ass put in jail along with you're junkey ass mother! read the fucking sign Bitches! read the sign! go back to the fucking dump you bums where you all come from you ghetto ass whores! get a god damn job you bums!. trashing Reachet ass Bitches! your all a disgrace you ugly ass bum! your all a disgrace! your all a disgrace! stupid white trash, Junkey ass bums!. stupid dumb childish, raggedy ass Motherfuckers! this is MY HOUSE,THIS IS MY PROPERTY, so you all can get the fuck off my porch! bye you Dumb ass Bitches!. i'll kill you, you motherfuckers! i'll kill you, you motherfuckers! i'll kill you, you motherfuckers!. YOU GET THE FUCK UP IN MY FACE? I WAS BEING RESPECTFUL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! go back to here the fuck you came from motherfuckers! go back you fucking bitches! go back. go back. retarded ass peice of shits.
- [to Gail and Phyllis pointing at them] So you're beaver and you're red bear.red beard. you're red dog. you're beaver.
- I know, George, you think I don't know anything, but I know people. And that Sal Lanano banana fucking thing, we don't need that in our lives! you betray me! YOU BETRAY ME!hes a fucking crook!
- [to George] you fucking traitor! motherfucker DID IT HURT? I HOPE IT HURT! oh my god do you know what that sounds like, he's a crook George!
- We're not talking about his trainer, sweetheart! We're talking about his manager, that's me!
- What are you doing opening your mouth in my kitchen? You owe me $200. I don't want another word outta you! that was last month you told me two weeks. you just gonna take side against me in my own house and you owe me money? get out of my way get in the car. get in the car!
- i'm your mother.i'm sorry i had no idea you felt that way, i would never hurt you sweetheart.
' What is happening to everybody I don't understand sweetheart.
- [to Charlene] i've heard a lot about you. whats that suppose to me? oh i'm sorry i don't know who you are or why your talking. i wasn't talking you i was talking to my son. shut your mouth i'm his mother and his manger. your crazy! Micky is my baby he's my son so you just keep you're mouth shut! that the way you love him?
- [ to Micky] what are you gonna do,Mick? Listen to some MTV girl who works in a bar? what's she know about boxing? You gonna let her talk like that to your mother? i have done everything... everything i could for you, Micky. this MTV girl comes along. I've been doing this for over fifteen years. she comes in and disrespect me. why ya hiding from us Micky? what are you doing Micky huh? well you're not helping yourself with your father's scumbag friend Lanano. what are you gonna do turn your back on Dicky next huh? all we ever wanted for you was to be world champion. who's gonna look after you sweetheart? i mean come on i know you don't understand it but i had nine kids, and i love everyone of you the same.i am your mother.
- Mickey Ward: Alice, this is Charlene.
- Charlene Fleming: Hi.
- Alice Ward: I've heard a lot about you.
- Charlene Fleming: Really? I've heard a lot about you too.
- Alice Ward: What's that supposed to mean?
- Charlene Fleming: Same thing you meant.
- Phyllis 'Beaver' Eklund: [about Charlene] I heard she's into three ways![ to Charlene] yeah don't use those names it's just for family.[ to Alice] whats micky suppose to do? Dicky's in jail.
- Sherri Ward: Yeah, with other girls![ to Charlene] it means wild.[ to Alice] yeah but mom maybe Micky should try something different. i said i was gonna pay you next week.
- Cathy 'Pork' Eklund:[to Alice] nobody seen him for like three weeks. Yeah, like one of them MTV Girls! wild.[ to Micky] come on Micky.[to Sherri]and ma been great to Micky Sherri, really i mean who gonna work after him better than his own mother?
- Cindy 'Tar' Eklund:[to George] George's fingers are so fucking fat he can't even dial the phone.[to Alice] ma i think his with that girl from the bar. She acts all fuckin superiah 'cuz she went to college! i know here she lives! she live in that yellow house on Steven street.
- Neary: [during the press conference] I feel confident for this fight. In fact, I was under the impression I'd be fighting a better fighter.
- Mickey Ward: I'm just grateful to be here and have the shot for the title.
- Dickie Eklund: [in reference to Charlene saying that Sugar Ray Leonard slipped] hey Mick Do you think I knocked down Sugar Ray Leonard?
- Mickey Ward: Yeah, sure I do. You were the pride of Lowell. You were my hero, Dicky.
- Dickie Eklund: I was. I was.
- Cathy 'Pork' Eklund: You're a bah skank!
- Cindy 'Tar' Eklund: Skank!
- Charlene Fleming: Don't call me a skank, or i swear I'll rip the nasty ass hair right outta ya fuckin head Bitch!
- Mark Wahlberg - Micky Ward
- Christian Bale - Dick "Dicky" Eklund
- Amy Adams - Charlene Fleming, Micky's wife.
- Melissa Leo - Alice Ward, mother of Dickie and Micky.
- Jack McGee - George Ward, father of Micky.
- Frank Renzulli - Sal LoNano
- Erica McDermott - Cindy "Tar" Eklund