The Flintstones (1960-1966) is an American animated sitcom produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions. The series takes place in a romanticized Stone Age setting and follows the activities of the titular family, the Flintstones, and their next-door neighbors, the Rubbles (who are also their best friends).
- [when Barney suggests he tell the truth about a crazy situation] What is this mania you have with telling the truth? You must have been weaned on sodium pentathol or something.
- I work hard all day, too, and what do I get? A lot of yak from you. You at least get out everyday, see things, talk to people. I never get out of this cave.
- Frederick! Frederick! I HATE FREDERICK!!!!
- Wilma and Betty: Melville J. Muchrocks is a crook.
- Fred: Muchrocks a crook? Are you sure?
- Wilma: Absolutely, he's wanted by the police.
- Betty: We heard him described to a T.
- Fred: Wilma, do you know where they went?
- Wilma: They said they were going to the amusement park and then to dinner. Oh my poor mother.
- Fred: Don't you worry sweetheart, you leave it to me. Barney.
- Barney: Yeah Fred?
- Fred: C'mon, let's go.
- Barney: Right Fred.
- Fred: You ever play football, Barney?
- Barney: Yeah Fred, why?
- Fred: Because you're going to run interference while I intercept a proposal.
- Fred: Where's your get up and go?
- Barney: It just got up and went.
- Fred: I love my dear sweet mother in-law. My mother in-law is a doll.
- Attendant: Are you feeling alright, mister?
- Fred: Huh? Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay.
- Attendant: Good. Good. You just stay in here and rest. That hot sun out there is a killer.
- Fred: Poor guy, he must have been standing in it for hours.
- Fred: Yeah, you laugh. You'll see, Barn, they know me in this bank, they'll help me right a way.
- Bank Clerk: Look, pals, it's Fred Flintstone.
- Fred: Yeah, hi. I'd like to lent some money here.
- Bank Clerk: Ha ha ha ha! See that, pals? Fred Flintstone wants money. Ha ha ha ha ha!
- Betty: Sometimes I just don't know what's the matter with men.
- Barney: That's easy - you women!
- Fred: How can you be so stupid?
- Barney: Hey, that's not very nice. Say you're sorry.
- Fred: I'm sorry you're stupid.
- Wilma: Barney hasn't hit him yet.
- Betty: Barney couldn't hit the floor with his hat!
2.4 Alvin Brickrock Presents
- Barney: Say, Fred, ain't it time for the big fight?
- Fred: Hey-hey, I'm glad you remembered! You fix the chairs. I'll get the soda and popcorn.
- Wilma: I didn't know there was a fight scheduled.
- Barney: [while moving two chairs over to the window looking into the neighbors' home] You kiddin'? Tonight's for the championship. Oh, it should be a real grudge bout.
- Betty: Heavyweight or lightweight?
- Barney: Both. A heavyweight versus a lightweight.
- Wilma: Why are you putting the chairs over there by the window? The TV set is here.
- Fred: This is not on TV. It's a closed-circuit.
- Betty: But who's fighting?
- Barney: The new neighbors - Mrs. and Mr. Brickrock.
- Wilma: Fred! You don't intend to eavespeep?
- Fred: Ho-ho-hoooo, I wouldn't miss tonight's bout for anything. Those two have been putting on the greatest fight of the century. Last night's bout was a doozy. Did you ever hear such hysterics? All that screaming and shrieking in that high voice?
- Barney: Yeah, I thought he'd never stop!
- Betty: Oh, that's terrible! You mean that meek little man hit's his wife?
- Fred: No-o-o, in the last three bouts, he didn't even lay a glove on her. He's strictly a defensive fighter.
- Barney: You'd think she'd let him win once in a while just to keep up his interest.
- [Fred while reading from an issue of "Weird Detective" magazine to Wilma] Hmmmm, here's the "Crook of the Month" - "Fifteen thousand reward for information leading to apprehension of Albert Bonehart - wanted for questioning in disappearance of three former wives - Bonehart's fourth wife was last seen in a railroad station - in a valise, a ladies hat box and an executive's brief case." Well, that's one way of sending your wife to the country.
- Barney: [upon seeing an assembled mastodon skeleton after sneaking into the Brickrock home] Your suspicions were correct, Fred. There she is - Agatha Brickrock with her outside removed.
- Fred: That's not Agatha; that's a mastodon.
- Barney: A whats-a-don?
- Fred: A big thing with a lumpy body, thick legs, a long nose, floppy ears, and tusks.
- Barney: Sounds like Agatha to me.
[Fred to neighbor Alvin Brickrock on using the telephone:]
− *Fred: Okay but don't forget to reverse the charges on your alabi
− *Alvin: Of Course
2.25 This is Your Life Saver
− [Fred and Wilma are not seen; only a sundial with a moving shadow of the days of the week Mon-Thursday
- Fred: Wilma, where is the missing sports section of the newspaper?
- Wilma: Montague has it.
- Fred: Wilma, where is the last bottle of Rocky cola?
- Wilma: Montague has it.
- Fred: Wilma, where are my smokes?
- Wilma: Montague has them.
- Fred: Wilma, WHERE IS THAT BOTTLE OF RAT POISON?
- Wilma: FRED!
- Fred:WELL He'S TAKEN Everything ELSE!!!!
- Fred Flintstone (voiced by Alan Reed)
- Pebbles Flintstone (voiced by Janet Waldo)
- Wilma Flintstone (voiced by Jean Vander Pyl)
- Barney Rubble (voiced by Mel Blanc)
- Betty Rubble (voiced by Bea Benaderet)
- Bamm Bamm Rubble (voiced by Don Messick)