The Fly II
The Fly II is a 1989 film directed by Chris Walas as a sequel to the 1986 movie The Fly. Eric Stoltz's character in The Fly II was the son of Seth Brundle, the scientist-turned-Brundlefly, played by Jeff Goldblum in the 1986 remake.
After the events of The Fly, Seth Brundle's son, Martin Brundle, is adopted by his father's place of employment while he simply waits for his mutant chromosomes to come out of their dormant state - and thus The Fly is reborn.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Brundle stole my girl, your mother. Got her pregnant, caused her death. Dissolved my hand and my foot with fly vomit. I had no love for the man! He "bugged" me. As for the cure he was working on, he dragged your mother, kicking and screaming. Threw her into that telepod, hoping they'd be fused together into one beautiful body. So your mother blew his brains out with a shotgun. There's you cure! Go away!
- Drs. Jainway & Turner are administering vaccines for Martin
- Martin: How long do I need to take these injections?
- Dr. Jainway: As long as you would like to live. Now stop fidgeting!
- Hypodermic needle breaks and Martin's arm spurts blood on Dr. Jainway's coat
- Dr. Jainway: UGGG! Now look what you did!
- [Martin watches his father's videotaped notes.]
- Seth: It's possible that the teleporter somehow... improved me. Theoretically, it might have seen where things could be improved, and it did it. I told it to be creative, and...I dunno, maybe it has been...
- [Beth is using her ID card to get into her workspace when she gets an access denied message]
- Beth: My card is not working. Is something wrong with my clearance?
- Scorby: Your card is fine and your clearance is still active. It is just not your door anymore. [Scorby hands Beth a piece of paper] Your long-awaited transfer to the day shift came through.
- [Beth looks in surprise after getting to know Martin]
- Scorby: That is what you get for fucking Bartok's pet freak.
- [Martin and Beth plead with the maimed and unforgiving Stathis Borans for help.]
- Beth: You bastard! Where's your compassion?
- Stathis: I had to give it up — it cost me an arm and a leg!
- Martin: It cost you more than that.
- [Martin grabs some of the sticky substance that is growing over his skin with his fingertips.]
- Martin: Beth, if you stay with me, I'll show you a magic trick you'll never forget.
- Like father, like son.
- A new generation of terror!
- Eric Stoltz - Martin Brundle
- Daphne Zuniga - Beth Logan
- Lee Richardson - Anton Bartok
- John Getz - Stathis Borans
- Frank C. Turner - Shepard
- Ann Marie Lee - Dr. Jainway