The General (1926 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The tale of a lad, a lass and a locomotive. (taglines)
- Annabelle's brother: Fort Sumter has been fired upon.
- Mr. Lee: Then the war is here.
- Annabelle's brother: Yes, dad, and I'm going to be one of the first to enlist.
- Annabelle Lee: Did Johnnie enlist?
- Annabelle's brother: He didn't even get in line.
- Mr. Lee: He's a disgrace to the South.
- Annabelle Lee: Why didn't you enlist?
- Johnnie Gray: They wouldn't take me.
- Annabelle Lee Please don't lie I don't want you to speak to me again until you are in uniform.
- Johnnie Gray: We had better stay here until daybreak to see where we are.
- Annabelle Lee: It was so brave of you to risk your life, coming into the enemy's country, just to save me.
- Recruiter: Occupation?
- Johnnie Gray: Soldier!
- The tale of a lad, a lass and a locomotive.
- Love, Locomotives and Laughs
- Buster drives "The General" to trainload of laughter.
- The laugh hit spectacular of the year.
- Buster Keaton — Johnnie Gray
- Marion Mack — Annabelle Lee
- Glen Cavender — Union Captain Anderson
- Jim Farley — General Thatcher
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|