The Getaway (1972 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Getaway is a 1972 film about a recently released ex-con and his loyal wife who go on the run after a heist goes awry.
- Directed by Sam Peckinpah. Written by Walter Hill, based on the novel by Jim Thompson.
They're Hot. (taglines)
- You run the job, but I run the show.
- Rudy Butler: That's a walk-in bank. You don't have to be Dillinger for this one.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Dillinger got killed.
- Rudy Butler: Not in a bank.
- Laughlin: What's the cat's name.
- Fran Clinton: Poor Little Harold.
- Laughlin: Strange name for a cat.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: If you're trying to get me back in Huntsville, you're going about it the right way.
- Carol Ainsley McCoy: Well I just wouldn't worry about that Doc, because I can always get you out, you know I can screw every prison official in Texas if I have to!
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Texas is a big state.
- Carol Ainsley McCoy: I can handle it.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Yeah, I bet you can.
- [Doc has killed five men at a hotel near the Mexican border and carjacked a cowboy in his pickup]
- Cowboy: Ya know, if I's you kids what I'd do? I'd quit this runnin' around the country. Ya know, git a little bit a money together 'n, hell, buy a place 'n settle down 'n raise a family. I've been married for 35 years, same old gal; man she's a tough ol' hide. God dang, everything I am, I owe ta her.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Say a, pull over over here would ya?
- Cowboy: Okay, whatever you say. [Pulls over] Now what?
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Let's get out a spell.
- [Cowboy and Doc get out of the truck. Doc and Carol exchange glances and smile at each other]
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: How much money did you make last year?
- Cowboy: Aw, reckon about five thousand.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Suppose I give you ten thousand for that truck of yours?
- Cowboy: You're serious?
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: I am.
- Cowboy: An'a I keep ma' mouth shut, an' I don't say nothin' 'bout the truck, 'n I never seen either one a the two of ya.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: That's what I want.
- [Carol counts out some hundreds]
- Cowboy: How 'bout twenty?
- [Doc smiles and laughs]
- Carol Ainsley McCoy: How 'bout thirty?
- Cowboy: God damn, ma'am, you got a deal!
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Pay the man, honey.
- [Carol pays the cowboy]
- Cowboy: Thank ya, ma'am.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Now you're gonna have to walk on back to the border.
- Cowboy: Oh that's alright. Don't worry 'bout me.
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: Hope you find what you're lookin' for.
- [Shakes hands with the Cowboy]
- Cowboy: Vaya con Dios. You too, maam. [Walks away] Take care, ya hear? God damn! [laughing and walking]
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: [to Carol] Come on. [they drive off]
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: [after arriving at the rendezvous] Where's Jackson?
- Rudy Butler: He didn't make it. Neither did you. [pulls his gun]
- [Doc shoots Rudy]
- Carter 'Doc' McCoy: [referring to Carol scratching her leg] I told you to cut that out! This isn't a game!
- Carol Ainsley McCoy: It's all a game!
- They're Hot.
- They're Hot - McQueen/MacGraw
- It takes two to make it ......... The big two.
- Steve McQueen - Carter 'Doc' McCoy
- Ali MacGraw - Carol Ainsley McCoy
- Ben Johnson - Jack Benyon
- Sally Struthers - Fran Clinton
- Al Lettieri - Rudy Butler
- Roy Jenson - Cully
- Richard Bright - The Thief
- Jack Dodson - Harold Clinton
- Slim Pickens - a Cowboy
- Bo Hopkins - Frank Jackson
- Dub Taylor - Laughlin
- The Getaway quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Getaway at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Getaway at Allmovie
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|