The Giant Behemoth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Giant Behemoth is a 1959 film about marine atomic tests that cause changes in the ocean's ecosystem resulting in dangerous blobs of radiation and the resurrection of a dormant dinosaur which threatens London.
- Directed by Eugène Lourié. Written by Robert Abel.'
SEE the Beast that shakes the Earth! LIVE in a world gone mad! WATCH the chaos of a smashed civilization! FLEE from the mightiest fright on the screen! NOTHING so Big as Behemoth! (taglines)
- One thing is sure. Something has happened here that isn't in the book. Something came out of the ocean and now has gone back into.
- This is very impressive, but I'm not going to perform surgery... I'm going to cut a fish.
- Dr. Sampson: Oh, it's heading for the Thames. They always made for the freshwater rivers to die. That's where their skeletons have been found - some irrestible instinct to die in the shallows that gave them birth. You know, all my life I hoped this would happen. Ever since childhood I expected it. I knew these creatures were alive somewhere, but I had no proof, scientific proof, and I had to keep it to myself, or my colleagues would have all laughed at me. See, no form of life ceases abruptly, and all those reports of sea serpents - well, what can they be?... The tall, graceful neck of paleosaurus. He can stay underneath the surface for an age, and now he comes to the top.
- John: What happened, man? Can - Can you talk to us? Can you hear us, Tom?
- Jean Trevethan: Dad? Dad?
- Tom Trevethan: From the sea... burning, like fire!
- John: What was it?
- Tom Trevethan: Behemoth!
- Steve Karnes: I feel Admiral, what we're facing is a marine animal of tremendous size and strength.
- Admiral Summers: Do you mean to believe that a whale could've smashed through steel plates so high above the water line?
- Steve Karnes: I didn't say a whale.
- Professor James Bickford: Behemoth?
- Steve Karnes: That's as good a name as any for now.
- Old Lady: Fiddlesticks!
- The Biggest Thing Since Creation!
- SEE the Beast that shakes the Earth! LIVE in a world gone mad! WATCH the chaos of a smashed civilization! FLEE from the mightiest fright on the screen! NOTHING so Big as Behemoth!
- Gene Evans — Steve Karnes
- André Morell — Prof. James Bickford
- John Turner — John
- Leigh Madison — Jean Trevethan
- Jack MacGowran — Dr. Sampson, the Paleontologist
- Maurice Kaufmann — Mini Submarine Officer
- Henri Vidon — Thomas Trevethan
- Leonard Sachs — Scientist
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|