The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Toki o kakeru shôjo) is a 2006 film about a girl who accidentally gains the ability to leap backwards in time (by physically leaping forward).
- Directed by Mamoru Hosoda. Written by Sakoto Okudera.
There is a future that we can't wait for (taglines)
- "When I'm not lucky, I'm really not, but I usually am, so it balances out."
- "I’m not meant to let people who live in the past know about time leaps, I broke that rule. That’s why I won’t be able to see you again."
- "There was a painting I desperately wanted to see. No matter how far away it was or what sort of place it was in. No matter how dangerous. I wanted to see it. Unfortunately in my time the painting had already been destroyed and before these times its whereabouts were unknown. The only place where there was an accurate record of it was in this present era, in this place. It was here, in this season. All I needed was to see it. I was going to remember it for the rest of my life."
- "Sometimes all it takes to fall in love is the guts to try."
- "You don’t get to choose when or who you meet. However, you do get to choose who you hold on to."
- There is a future that we can't wait for.
- Leap into the adventure of a lifetime!
- Time waits for no one!
- Riisa Naka — Makoto Konno
- Takuya Ishida — Chiaki Mamiya
- Mitsutaka Itakura — Kousuke Tsuda
- Sachie Hara - Kazuko Yoshiyama