The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Evil shall with evil be expelled (taglines)
- Your boss, Armansky, he tells me you only do jobs that interest you, so I guess I should be flattered.
- Before he died, your brother hung me from a hook...Harriet.
- He promised me Wennerstrom's carcass on a plate. This isn't even the plate.
- [about Blomkvist] He's had a long standing sexual relationship with his co-editor of the magazine. Sometimes he performs cunnilingus on her. Not often enough in my opinion.
- Do you doubt anything I've said? Do you doubt the reports that have followed me around all my life? What do they say, if you could sum it up? They say I'm insane. It's alright, you can nod. Because it's true. I am insane. Nod.
- May I kill him?
- Put your hand back in my shirt.
- I miss our meetings. I'm sure you don't, why would you? I was always such a headache for you, never showing up with good news, only problems. I have good news now. I made a friend. I mean one that you'd approve of. I'm happy.
- Isn't it interesting how fascists always steal the word "freedom"?
- You will be investigating thieves, misers, bullies. The most detestable collection of people you will ever meet. My family.
- It was then that I noticed Harriet wasn't there. And she wasn't there the next morning, or the next, or the next 40 years.
- She's had a rough life. Can we please not make it any rougher?
- You'll have more luck with a gun. When we go hunting. I want to show you something. Bring your drink. Leave my knife.
- So, what would you like to know? You're a journalist; it's your job to ask me questions. What do I do with the girls? That's a good question. Well, before I do what we're doing, I sit down, relax, have a drink. I like that part a lot. Having a chat when both of you know that one of you is going to die. Afterwards I just get rid of them, far out at sea. Unlike my father. He left them scattered all over the place, like trophies. That's not very smart, if you ask me. He was a loud and garish man; frankly, he got what he deserved. You can't be a sloppy technician like that. You can't drink to excess, like he did. This takes discipline. It's a science of a thousand details: the planning, the execution, the cleanup. I guess I don't have to tell you, but you're going to create quite a mess. Let me ask you something. Why don't people trust their instincts? They sense something is wrong, someone is walking too close behind them... You knew something was wrong, but you came back into the house. Did I force you, did I drag you? No. All I had to do was offer you a drink. It's hard to believe the fear of offending can be stronger than the fear of pain but, you know what? It is, and they always come willingly. And they sit there, and they know it's all over, just like you do, but somehow they still think they have a chance. Maybe if I say the right thing, maybe if I'm polite, if I cry, if I beg. And when I see the hope draining from their face, like it's draining from yours right now, I feel myself getting hard. But you know, we're not that different, you and I. We both have urges. Satisfying mine requires more towels.
- I've never had a man down here. I've never actually touched another man — except for my father, of course. That was my duty, mine and Harriet's.
- I am on welfare, I do not administer it.
- Blomkvist: You live there? Your house?
- Henrik: Oh! Yes. You're right. The man who hires the detective should always be kept on the suspects list.
- Anita Vanger: So, you're looking for investment counseling?
- Blomkvist: I would be, if I had any money.
- Bjurman: I feel a bit badly about how we left it last time.
- Salander: Me too. [shocks him unconscious with a taser]
- Blomkvist: I guess I must have alarmed you, turning up like that.
- Salander: If you touch me I'll more than alarm you.
- Blomkvist: That won't be necessary. Your report. Very detailed. But for me, it wasn't very entertaining.
- Salander: It wasn't meant to be.
- Blomkvist: When I write about people I try to entertain the reader.
- Salander: Wennerstrom wasn't entertained much.
- Blomkvist: Your boss, Armansky, he tells me you only do jobs that interest you. So I suppose I should be flattered. You gonna sit down? He also says that you're the one he goes to when the job is sensitive. That's the word he used. Sensitive. I'm gonna use illegal. Because that's what it was when you hacked into my computer. I'm not gonna do anything about that. I could, but I won't. What I'm gonna do is tell you a story and if it entertains you maybe you'll decide to help me research further. And if not'll do the washing up and you'll never see me again. Here, you should eat that. [hands her a sandwich]
- Salander: What kind of research?
- Blomkvist: Lisbeth — can I call you Lisbeth? I want you to help me catch a killer of women.
- Detective Isaksson: Ms. Salander, I hope you don't mind me asking, but when was the last time you ate?
- Salander: I have a high metabolism. I can't put on weight.
- Isaksson: I'm asking because it is better to look at what I'm about to show you on an empty stomach.
- Blomkvist: What are you doing?
- Salander: Reading your notes.
- Blomkvist: They're encrypted.
- Salander: Please. Have some coffee.
- Blomkvist: Okay, and we're going to have a very serious conversation about what's yours and what's mine.
- [After the two have had sex]
- Salander: I like working with you.
- Blomkvist: I like working with you too.
- Harald Vanger: I'm not a recluse. I don't close my door to anybody. They just don't visit.
- Blomkvist: [glancing at the Nazi memorabilia in the room] Perhaps if you redecorated.
- Harald Vanger: Why should I hide the past? I'm the most honest of all of them.
- Blomkvist: Your family?
- Harald Vanger: Sweden.
- Martin Vanger: You know what's harder than hitting someone with a gun? Just missing them. It was a very good shot, up at the cabin.
- Blomkvist: Well it didn't work. I'm still here.
- Martin: Mikael, it did work. You're here.
- Blomkvist: How come a 23-year-old is a ward of the state?
- Salander: I'm mentally incompetent and can't manage daily life.
- Blomkvist: Since when have they said that?
- Salander: Since I was twelve.
- Blomkvist: What happened when you were twelve? I'm sorry, that's none of my business.
- Salander: I tried to kill my father. Burned him alive. Got about eighty percent of him.
- Blomkvist: [quietly] Oh.
- Salander: I made some coffee.
- [Blomkvist and Salander are having sex]
- Blomkvist: You know, I was just thinking...
- Salander: Just one second! [orgasms, collapses] What were you going to say?
- Blomkvist: What's wrong with you?
- Salander: It's embarassing.
- Blomkvist: Tell me.
- Salander: I need to borrow some money. [Blomkvist reaches for his wallet] Fifty thousand. I have a chance to make an investment; it's a smart, safe investment.
- Blomkvist: I really don't think I've got 50,000.
- Salander: Yes you do. You have 65,000 in your two accounts. I'm sorry I know that.
- Evil shall with evil be expelled
- What is hidden in snow, comes forth in the thaw.
- She's Coming
- The Feel Bad Movie of Christmas
- Daniel Craig - Mikael Blomkvist
- Rooney Mara - Lisbeth Salander
- Christopher Plummer - Henrik Vanger
- Stellan Skarsgård - Martin Vanger
- Robin Wright - Erika Berger
- Yorick van Wageningen - Nils Bjurman
- Joely Richardson - Anita/Harriet Vanger
- Steven Berkoff - Dirch Frode
- Geraldine James - Cecilia Vanger
- Ulf Friberg - Wennerström
- Goran Višnjić - Dragan Armansky
- Donald Sumpter - Detective Morell
- Embeth Davidtz - Annika Giannini
- Joel Kinnaman - Christer Malm
- Élodie Yung - Miriam Wu
- Tony Way - Plague
- Alan Dale - Detective Isaksson
- Julian Sands - Young Henrik Vanger
- David Dencik - Young Morell
- Fredrik Dolk - Wennerström's Lawyer
- Per Myrberg - Harald Vanger
- Gustaf Hammarsten - Young Harald
- Leo Bill - Trinity
- Josefin Asplund - Pernilla Blomkvist