The Good Shepherd (film)
(Redirected from The Good Shepherd)
- It isn't about dedication and loyalty, it's about belief in what we do.
- Bill Sullivan: I'm sorry for not standing, my fucking feet are killing me.
- Clover Wilson: Agency first, God second.
- Richard Hayes: I remember a Senator once asked me 'when we talk about CIA why we never use the word the in front of it.' And I asked him 'do you put the word the in front of God?'
- Clover Wilson: There wasn’t very much to say. Six years is a long time.
- Ulysses: [to Edward] Hello, I believe you know me as Ulysses. Do you know what our code name is for you... it's "Mother". Yes, they said you were the quiet type. But your silence speaks volumes, what is the saying? "Your silence is deafening?" yes that is it. You will be a great adversary Mother, hopefully for many years.
- Arch Cummings: How did the Irish poet say it, hmm? "E'er friend for today, is tomorrow's heartbreak."
- Dr. Fredericks: Get out while you still can. While you still believe. While you still have a soul.
- Philip Allen: Why is it that people like us choose to serve for nickels a day in a profession that makes us constantly look over our shoulder to see who's watching us?
- Thomas Wilson: [On writting] "They are right what they say about me. I was weak, a coward. I compromised myself, my honor, my family, my country. I am ashamed of myself. To my wife: I am sorry I've done this to you. To my son: I hope you'll grow to be a courageous man, a good husband, a good father. I hope whatever you decide to do you live a good full life. I hope whatever your dreams maybe come true. Your loving husband and father." -Thomas Wilson's Suicide Note
- Bill Sullivan: You understand that whatever we discuss here doesn't leave this room?
- Edward Wilson: Of course.
- Bill Sullivan: The president has asked me to look into creating a foreign intelligence agency.
- Edward Wilson: My orders came through. I'll be going overseas.
- Clover Wilson: What are you going to do, Edward? Save the world?
- Edward Wilson: I'll do what I can.
- Edward Wilson: How do you know I am the right person?
- Ray Brocco: I was told you were a serious son of a bitch with no sense of humor, there can't be two of you.
- Joseph Palmi: You're the guys that scare me. You're the people that make big wars.
- Edward Wilson: No, we make sure the wars are small ones.
- Joseph Palmi: We Italians, we got our families and we got the church. The Irish, they have the homeland. The Jews, their traditions. Even the Niggers, they got their music. What about you people Mr. Carlson, what do you have?
- Edward: The United States of America, the rest of you are just visiting.
- Edward Wilson: You are never to tell anyone what it is that I do!
- Clover Wilson: What you do? I don't know what you do! You leave at five, you're home at ten, seven days a week! I live with a ghost! I don't know anything about you!
- Edward Wilson believed in America, and he would sacrifice everything he loved to protect it.
- The true story of the birth of the CIA through the eyes of a man who never existed.
- The untold story of the most powerful covert agency in the world.
- All our dirty secrets start here after the time of Henry the third.
- Matt Damon - Edward Bell Wilson
- Angelina Jolie - Clover/Margaret Ann Russell
- John Turturro - Ray Brocco
- Alec Baldwin - Sam Murach
- Tammy Blanchard - Laura
- Billy Crudup - Arch Cummings
- Robert De Niro - General Bill Sullivan
- Keir Dullea - Senator John Russell, Sr.
- Michael Gambon - Dr. Fredericks
- Martina Gedeck - Hanna Schiller
- William Hurt - Philip Allen
- Timothy Hutton - Thomas Wilson
- Lee Pace - Richard Hayes
- Joe Pesci - Joseph Palmi