The Great Rupert
The Great Rupert is a 1950 comedy family film, produced by George Pal, directed by Irving Pichel and starring Jimmy Durante, Tom Drake and Terry Moore. It is based on a story, written by Ted Allan, which has also been published as a children's book under the title "Willie the Squowse".
Mr. Louie Amendola
- [fleeing fire] The polar bear rug with the radio inside! I'll miss the Jimmy Durante show!
- Mama, stop worrying. Nothing can happen to her. She's not alone. She's with a man.
- He's not just squirrelin' around!
- Christmas miracles do happen.
- Jimmy Durante as Mr. Louie Amendola
- Terry Moore as Rosalinda Amendola
- Tom Drake as Peter 'Pete' Dingle
- Frank Orth as Mr. Frank Dingle
- Sara Haden as Mrs. Katie Dingle
- Queenie Smith as Mrs. Amendola
- Chick Chandler as Phil Davis
- Jimmy Conlin as Joe Mahoney
- Rupert, an animated squirrel
- Hugh Sanders as Mulligan
- Don Beddoe as Mr. Haggerty
- Candy Candido as Molineri - Florist
- Clancy Cooper as Police Lt. Saunders
- Harold Goodwin as Callahan the F.B.I. Man
- Frank Cady as Mr. Taney the Tax Investigator