The Greatest Game Ever Played
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Read it, roll it, hole it
- Easy peasy lemon squeasy.
- The early bird gets the worm
- Okey dokey pipey smokey
- Let me tell you something. I came here to win a trophy. And on the face of it Ted Ray or I should carry it off. Not for you, not for England, but for sheer bloody pride at being the best, *that's* why we do this. And if Mr. Ouimet wins tomorrow, it's because he's the best, because of who he is. Not who his father was, not how much money he's got, because of who he bloody is! And I'll thank you to remember that. And I'll thank you to show the respect a gentleman gives as a matter of course.
- There are only two types of player—those who keep their nerves under control and win championships, and those who do not.
- Eddie Lowery: Hey, Francis, who's that fat guy?
- Francis Ouimet: Oh, my God. That's President Taft.
- Eddie Lowery: [excitedly] You mean the United States President Taft?
- Eddie Lowery: [waving] How ya doin', Mr. President?
- Harry Vardon: How'd you sleep?
- Ted Ray: Like a baby, woke up every 2 hours and cried.