The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag is a 1992 American screwball comedy film directed by Allan Moyle. The cast includes Penelope Ann Miller, Eric Thal, Julianne Moore, William Forsythe and Alfre Woodard. Rock and Roll recording pioneer Cordell Jackson played a bit part as "Bathroom Woman". The film was distributed by Touchstone Pictures and Interscope Communications.
- Betty Lou: Look at this: Barry Manilow, Debbie Boone, Paul Anka in Vegas. This guy deserved to be shot.
- Alex: You can have the house, the furniture. I don't want anything. Except Scarlett. I want the fucking dog.
- Betty Lou: Why is it so hard to believe, that I might be exciting to other men? People have affairs. People have lovers. Why not me, Alex?
- Alex: Because I never did. I never had anyone but you.
- Betty Lou: You had everyone but me. You had Frank, and the boys, and the force and the bars and the games.
- Ann: Am I supposed to feel sorry for you? If you're unhappy, drink. Get laid. See a shrink like normal people.
- Ann: Eight years I went to law school. Three times I took the bar. I finally get a client and my client is a lunatic.
- Alex: You know my wife?
- Reba: Yeah.
- Alex: How do you know she like gone with the wind?
- Reba: She's a friend of mine.
- Alex: Jesus, she knows everybody. Where the hell was I?
- Reba: Well, sugar. I think that was a real good question.
- Alex: What do you mean?
- Reba: Where were you?
- She was a nobody until someone found...
- The Notoriously Hilarious Comedy!
- Penelope Ann Miller - Betty Lou Perkins
- Julianne Moore - Elinor
- Alfre Woodard - Ann Orkin
- Cathy Moriarty - Reba
- William Forsythe - Beaudeen
- Eric Thal - Alex