The Halloween That Almost Wasn't
The Halloween That Almost Wasn't is a 1979 film in which, upset by rumors that Halloween may end, Dracula calls his mild-mannered monsters together and delivers an ultimatum - either regain their frightening image, or leave his Transylvania castle forever.
- Igor, you did it again! How many times do I have to tell you? Keep my tomb door open at night and closed in the day. Open at night and closed in the day!
- It's one of those days I wish I was dead. And stayed dead.
- From Bulgaria. The incredible man who Doctor Frankenstein created in his spare time... from a lot of spare parts. The Frankenstein creature.
- I believe I hear the Master coming now! [he looks out the window] Yes! I can see him clearly through the fog! [Dracula crashes and slams into the window]
- Count Dracula: Hiya, Baby, it's me, Count Dracula.
- Witch: I didn't think it was a hummingbird.
- Frankenstein's Monster: My feet hurt!
- Count Dracula: Don't give me that! I happen to know those aren't your feet!
- Frankenstein's Monster: What did you have to bring that up for?
- Frankenstein's Monster: Are they gone yet?
- Count Dracula: Yes, it's safe for you to come out now and protect my life!
- Count Dracula: What do I do now?
- Igor: Master, believe me, they're just illusions. They cannot harm you.
- Count Dracula: Can't do any me harm, huh? Who did that? Termites?
- Igor: [announcing the witch's arrival] The flying Queen of Hallowe'en!
- Witch: Outta my way, shorty!
- Witch: Well, for heavens sake! You look just like me.
- Girl dressed as witch: This is my favorite costume, because of you.
- Witch: It is? Why?
- Girl dressed as witch: Because you're one of my favorite people.
- Boy dressed as Scarecrow: We love you just the way you are! All the kids feel that way.
- Witch: You really love me? All right, I'll do it! Knowing you love me means more to me than any of his promises.
- Count Dracula: Oh, then we can forget those silly conditions that you asked for?
- Witch: Not on your life! You're going to keep every one of those promises just the same! Starting with the disco party right after I ride over the moon. So long, kids! This ride is just for you!
- No More Tricks? No More Treats? No More Halloween?
- Judd Hirsch — Count Dracula
- Mariette Hartley — The Witch
- Henry Gibson — Igor
- Jack Riley — The Werewolf
- John Schuck — Frankenstein's Monster