The Handmaid's Tale (TV series)
The Handmaid's Tale (2017-) is an American drama web television series, airing on Hulu, about a dystopian future, where women's rights are obliterated and being anything but straight, or outside of the Christian ideal, is regarded as an abomination. The series was created by Bruce Miller, based on the 1985 novel of the same name by Margaret Atwood.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 3 Cast
- 4 External links
- Offred: I don't need oranges. I just need to scream.
- Offred: I am to make myself clean. Washed and brushed like a prize pig.
- Moira: She does this again and I'm not around, you slap her. Hard.
Birth Day [1.02]
- Offred: Has Ofglen been transferred to a new post so soon?
- Ofglen #2: I am Ofglen.
- Offred: [Voiceover] Fuck.
- Offred: Now I'm awake to the world. I was asleep before. That's how we let it happen. When they slaughtered Congress, we didn't wake up. When they blamed terrorists and suspended the Constitution, we didn't wake up then either. They said it would be temporary. Nothing changes instantaneously. In a gradually heating bathtub, you'd be boiled to death before you knew it.
- Aunt Lydia: Remember your scripture. Blessed are the meek.
- Offred: And blessed are those who suffer for the cause of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum [1.04]
- Offred: There was an Offred before me. She helped me find my way out. She is dead. She is alive. She is me. We are Handmaids. Nolite te Bastardes Carborundorum bitches.
- Roughly translates to "Don’t let the bastards grind you down."
- The Commander: We only wanted to make the world better.
- Offred: Better?
- The Commander: Better never means better for everyone. It always means worse for some.
- The Commander: Love isn't real, it was never anything more than lust, with a good marketing campaign!
- Offred: [on Ofglen] They didn't get everything. There was something inside of her that they couldn't take away. She looked invincible.
A Woman's Place [1.06]
The Other Side [1.07]
- Offred: A perfect gift. A girl trapped in a box. She only dances when someone opens the lid, when someone else winds her up. If this is a story I'm telling, I must be telling it to someone. There's always someone, even when there's no one. I will not be that girl in the box.
The Bridge [1.09]
- Offred: It's their fault. They should have never given us uniforms if they didn't want us to be an army.
- Offred: Whether this is my end or a new beginning, I have no way of knowing. I have given myself over into the hands of strangers. I have no choice. It can't be helped. And so I step up, into the darkness within... or else the light.
- June Osborne: Our father who art in Heaven? What the actual fuck?
- Erin: Blessed be the Fruit Loops.
- Moira: [laughing] How long you been holding onto that one?
- Erin: A while.
- Omar: You a good witch or a bad witch?
- June Osborne: Depends on who you ask, I guess.
Other Women [2.04]
First Blood [2.06]
Women's Work [2.08]
- Offred: Blessed be the fruit.
- Janine: May the Force be with you.
Smart Power [2.09]
The Last Ceremony [2.10]
The Word [2.13]
- Elisabeth Moss - June Osborne / Offred
- Joseph Fiennes - Commander Fred Waterford
- Yvonne Strahovski - Serena Joy Waterford
- Alexis Bledel - Emily / Ofglen / Ofsteven
- Madeline Brewer - Janine / Ofwarren / Ofdaniel
- Ann Dowd - Aunt Lydia
- O. T. Fagbenle - Lucas "Luke" Bankole
- Max Minghella - Nick Blaine
- Samira Wiley - Moira / Ruby
- Amanda Brugel - Rita
- Bradley Whitford - Commander Joseph Lawrence