The Hateful Eight
- Directed and written by Quentin Tarantino.
Major Marquis Warren
- Got room for one more?
- When the handbill says "dead or alive", the rest of us just shoot you in the back from up on top a perch somewhere and bring you in dead over a saddle. But when John Ruth the Hangman catches you, you don't die from no bullet in the back. When the Hangman catches you... [winks] You hang!
- Move a little strange, a little sudden, you're gonna get a bullet. Not a warning, not a question... A bullet!
- Let's slow it down. Let's slow it waaaay down...
- My theory is you're working with the man who poisoned the coffee. And both of you murdered Minnie and Sweet Dave, and anybody else might'a picked this bad-luck day to visit Minnie's Haberdashery this morning. And your intention was, at some point, to bushwhack John Ruth and free Daisy. But you didn't count the blizzard, and you didn't count the two of us. That's as far as I got. How am I doin'?
- [slow motion] You're gonna make a deal with this diabolical bitch?!
John "The Hangman" Ruth
- Now Daisy, I want us to work out a signal system of communication. When I elbow you real hard in the face, that means "shut up"!
- Jesus Christ, that's awful! What did that Mexican fellow do, soak his old socks in the pot?
- You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang.
- What do I gotta say? About John Ruth's ravings? He's absolutely right. Me and one of them fellas is in cahoots. We're just waitin' for everybody to go to sleep. That when we're gonna kill y'all.
- Good one, Warren! Talk that sass, nigger, talk that sass!
- When you get to hell, John, tell them Daisy sent you...
- Oh. I get it. "Haberdashery." That was a joke, right?
- Well, cut my legs off and call me Shorty!
- WHOO HAW! Now we're talkin'!
- As my first and final act as the Sheriff of Red Rock, I sentence you, Daisy Domergue, to hang by the neck until dead!
- The man who pulls the lever that breaks your neck will be a dispassionate man. And that dispassion is the very essence of justice. For justice delivered without dispassion is always in danger of not being justice.
- Precautions must be taken because life is too sweet to lose!
- Gentlemen, Gentlemen, I know Americans aren't apt to let a little thing like an unconditional surrender get in the way of a good war. But I strongly suggest we don't re-stage The Battle of Baton Rouge during a blizzard in Minnie's Haberdashery...
- You know... looks can be deceiving.
- A bastard's work is never done.
- I don't know that nigger. But I know he's a nigger. And that's all I need to know.
- I just met these people, I don't give a damn about them! Or you, or your sister. Or any other son of a bitch in Wyoming for that matter.
- John 'The Hangman' Ruth: Major Marquis Warren, this here is Daisy Domergue. Domergue, to you, this is Major Warren.
- Daisy Domergue: Howdy, nigger.
- John 'The Hangman' Ruth: [laughing] She's a pepper, ain't she? Now, girl, don't you know darkies don't like being called niggers no more? They find it offensive.
- Daisy Domergue: I've been called worse.
- John 'The Hangman' Ruth: Now, that I can believe.
- John 'The Hangman' Ruth: So what happened to your horse?
- Major Marquis Warren: He was pretty old. I done had him for a bit. When the weather took a turn for the worse, it got too much for him.
- John 'The Hangman' Ruth: That's too bad.
- Major Marquis Warren: Yes, it is. Me and 'ol Lash rode alotta miles together. You might say he was my best friend, if I considered stupid animals friends, which I don't. Nevertheless, I'm gonna miss him.
- Sheriff Chris Mannix: Well, like I said friend, you got me at a bit of a disadvantage.
- John "The Hangman" Ruth: Keeping you at a disadvantage is an advantage I intend to keep.
- Sheriff Chris Mannix: May I sit down, sir?
- General Sandy Smithers: According to the Yankees, it's a free country.
- John "The Hangman" Ruth: One of them fellas is not what he says he is.
- O.B. Jackson: What is he?
- John "The Hangman" Ruth: He's in cahoots with this one, that's what he is. One of them… or maybe even two of them is here to see Domergue goes free.
- Major Marquis Warren: Are you sure you ain't just being paranoid?
- John "The Hangman" Ruth: Our best bet is this duplicitous fella ain't as cool a customer as Daisy here. He won't have the leather patience it takes to just sit here and wait. If he can't handle it, he'll stop waiting. He'll try and create his opportunity. And that's when Mr. Jumpy reveals hisself!
- Major Marquis Warren: What do you got to say about all this?
- Daisy Domergue: What do I got to say? About John Ruth's ravings? He's absolutely right! Me and one of them fellas is in cahoots! And we're just waitin' for everybody to go to sleep; that's when we gonna kill y'all.
[After Major Marquis Warren throws the key to Daisy's handcuffs into a furnace]
- Daisy Domergue:[screams]You motherfucking bastard! You're gonna die on this fuckin' hill, and I'm gonna laugh when you do!
- Major Marquis Warren:[shoots at John Ruth's dead body, silencing Daisy] What did I say about talking?! I meant it, didn't I?
- Sheriff Chris Mannix: Now throw out your pistol!
- Major Marquis Warren: I bet he got another one.
- Sheriff Chris Mannix: Now throw out your other pistol!
- Jody Domergue: I ain't got another pistol!
- Major Marquis Warren: Well, you better shit another pistol out your ass! 'Cause if you don't throw one out here in the next two seconds, we gon' kill this bitch!
- Jody Domergue: How ya doin', dummy?
- Daisy Domergue: Better now I see your ugly face.
- [Major Warren shoots Daisy in the foot after she tells Chris Mannix to shoot him]
- Daisy Domergue: [screaming] Jesus Christ!
- Major Marquis Warren: Oh, you believe in Jesus now, huh, bitch? We're good, 'cause you're about meet him!
- Eight strangers. One deadly connection.
- No One Comes Up Here Without a Damn Good Reason
- The 8th film by Quentin Tarantino
- The bounty hunter. The Hangman. The Confederate. The Sheriff. The Mexican. The little man. The cow puncher. The prisoner.
- No one to trust. Everyone to hate.
- Spend the holidays with someone you hate
- Samuel L. Jackson - Major Marquis Warren a.k.a. "The Bounty Hunter"
- Kurt Russell - John Ruth a.k.a. "The Hangman"
- Jennifer Jason Leigh - Daisy Domergue a.k.a. "The Prisoner"
- Walton Goggins - Sheriff Chris Mannix a.k.a."The Sheriff"
- Demián Bichir - Bob (Marco the Mexican) a.k.a. "The Mexican"
- Tim Roth - Oswaldo Mobray (English Pete Hicox) a.k.a. "The Little Man"
- Michael Madsen - Joe Gage (Grouch Douglass) a.k.a. "The Cow Puncher"
- Bruce Dern - General Sanford "Sandy" Smithers a.k.a. "The Confederate"
- James Parks - O.B. Jackson
- Channing Tatum - Jody Domergue
- Dana Gourrier - Minnie Mink
- Zoë Bell - Six-Horse Judy
- Lee Horsley - Ed
- Gene Jones - Sweet Dave