The Hills Have Eyes (2006 film)
The Hills Have Eyes is a 2006 horror film. It is about an American family driving through the New Mexico Desert to California. After their trailer breaks down, they are being targeted by a group of mutants, who were deformed by a nuclear test by the USA Government, from 1945 to 1962. They must survive, before they strike back. It is a remake of the 1977 film of the same name.
- Directed by Alexandre Aja. Written by Alexandre Aja & Grégory Levasseur.
- [to Big Bob, when he is singing.] Dad, I hate your singing.
- [pretending to be Lynn] I'll be right there honey.
- Thank God no one's watching us.
- It's not gonna be in a fucking trailer home.
- 97% of nation wide service, and we get stuck in the 3%.
- [to Doug, before dying, when he puts a blanket at her.] You're so sweet, Doug.
Big Bob Carter
- [to Brenda, when she says a bad word.] Hey, watch your fucking mouth.
- [to Bobby, talking about Doug.] Leave Doug alone. He's a democrat. He doesn't believe in guns.
- [when he's at an old rubbish outhouse] Thanks, Brenda...!
- [after he scares Lynn] Could you give me a Twinkie?
- You know how Freud would have interpreted "your obsession with rattlesnakes", "Mom?"
- Big Brain: [calling for Pluto] It's breakfast time!
- Gas Station Attendant: [before he kills himself] I did the best I could. I'm sorry.
- Small Deformed Child: [to Doug] Mister, will you play with us?
- [Beauty and Beast starts barking at the gas station attendant.; Lynn calms them down.]
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Beauty! Beast! Stop it!
- [Doug is fixing the air conditioner at their trailer, the front grille falls off and hit Doug at the face.]
- Doug Bukowski: Ow! Damn it! [Doug starts working again at the air conditioner.]
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: You okay?
- Doug Bukowski: [while fixing the air conditioner.] Tell me again, why we couldn't fly like normal people? [complained.] Oh that's right, They wouldn't let your dad drive the plane.
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Doug, Relax please. It's their silver anniversary, and they're so happy you came.
- Doug Bukowski: Your parents can't stand me.
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: No, you're wrong. They love you
- Doug Bukowski: I could have taken them on a cruise.
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Hey, you know what? Stop. [Doug stops working at the conditioner.] I never ask you for anything, okay? [stumbles at baby Catherine.] Just think how happy you'll be when Catherine comes along on our 25th, huh? [Catherine coos, Lynn kisses her.] Aw, it's okay.
- Doug Bukowski: [continues working at the air conditioner.] It's not gonna be in a fucking trailer home.
- [Brenda plays with an albino piglet.]
- Brenda Carter: Little piggy, little baby piggy [Bobby appears.] Hey Bobby, come over here look at this.
- Bobby Carter: O my God, That's so random. You two make a perfect pair.
- [Brenda get tempered.; Bobby begins to urinate at a bush.]
- Brenda Carter: [turns to Bobby.] Hey, What are you doing? Don't pee there!
- Bobby Carter: [whimpered.] What the hell do you care? Just... turn around for a second.
- Brenda Carter: [pointing to an old wooden outhouse.] Uh, Hello! [Bobby look at the outhouse.] Don't you see that?
- [Bobby heads to the outhouse to urinate.]
- Brenda Carter: Jeez!
- [While driving through the desert, Big Bob is singing "My Barney lies over the Ocean".]
- Brenda Carter: Dad, I hate your singing.
- [Ethel is singing with Bob]
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Guys, No.
- [Ethel and Bob ends the song.; They turn on the radio.]
- Big Bob Carter: Hey, can you imagine the "first people" to cross this desert? They didn't know where they were.
- Brenda Carter: Yeah, I can, because neither do we.
- Big Bob Carter: Brenda, The road is here. It exists, it's got to go somewhere. Besides, look how beautiful it is. Look at the light on the rocks. It's gorgeous.
- Brenda Carter: This is so fucked!
- Ethel Carter: Excuse me! Watch your language, young lady!
- [Bob laughs.]
- Ethel Carter: I would like a little backup here.
- Brenda Carter: This is such bullshit.
- Big Bob Carter: Hey, watch your fucking mouth.
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Can we just calm down here? We're all a little tired, okay?
- Brenda Carter: Yeah, Mom. Didn't you grow up in the '60s? Why are you so uptight?
- Big Bob Carter: Your mom didn't used to be uptight. She was a little "hippie chick".
- Ethel Carter: [laughing] No.
- Big Bob Carter: You should have seen her when she was your age. She was a little hottie.
- Big Bob Carter: Hey, Bobby?
- Bobby Carter:Yeah?
- Big Bob Carter: Leave Doug alone. He's a Democrat. He doesn't believe in guns
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Hey B.
- Brenda Carter: Hey.
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: How you holding up?
- Brenda Carter: I am thrilled.
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: [laughing] Yea. This is a total drag.
- Brenda Carter: Yeah, Well you know?, I really don't care what they say. Next year, I am going to Cancun with my friends. Not going on any more of these little family trips.
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Well, we're not not gonna have many more of them, you know? And if you want to go to Cancun, you know you're gonna have to get a job.
- Brenda Carter: Oh, yea, what, you mean like your job?
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Brenda, I help Doug out at the store, okay?
- Brenda Carter: Oh... yeah.
- Doug Bukowski: Honey? Can you bring me my jacket?
- Brenda Carter: [Pretending to be Lynn] I'll be right there, honey.
- [Lynn gets up and walks away while flicking Brenda off; Brenda laughs.]
- [After Bobby scares Lynn.]
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: Bobby! [throws a towel at him.] Fucker!
- Bobby Carter: Can you give me a Twinkie?
- Lynn Carter-Bukowski: No! [hits the window.; Bobby leaves.]
- [After Bobby finds Papa Jupiter alive, Brenda screams, charges with a pick-axe and hits Papa Jupiter in the head, killing him.]
- Brenda Carter: Fucker! [holds Bobby.] Come on, let's get out of here.
- [Bobby and Brenda walks away. Brenda stops, turns to find Doug alive, with Catherine and Beast.]
- Brenda Carter: Oh, my god. Look Bobby [Bobby turns to Doug, As he and Brenda run to him and hugs them.]
- [After they are reunited, a pair of anonymous binoculars watches from the hills.]
- The lucky ones die first
- Aaron Stanford - Doug Bukowski
- Kathleen Quinlan - Ethel Carter
- Vinessa Shaw - Lynn Carter-Bukowski
- Emilie de Ravin - Brenda Carter
- Dan Byrd - Bobby Carter
- Tom Bower - Gas Station Attendant
- Billy Drago - Papa Jupiter
- Robert Joy - Lizard
- Ted Levine - Big Bob Carter
- Desmond Askew - Big Brain
- Ezra Buzzington - Goggle
- Michael Bailey Smith - Pluto
- Laura Ortiz - Ruby