The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
(Redirected from The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (French: Notre-Dame de Paris, "Notre-Dame of Paris") is a novel set in 1482 in and around the Cathedral of Notre-Dame, first published in 1831 by the prolific French author Victor Hugo.
- If it could be granted to us, the men of 1830, to mingle in thought with those Parisians of the fifteenth century, and to enter with them, jostled, elbowed, pulled about, into that immense hall of the palace, which was so cramped on that sixth of January, 1482, the spectacle would not be devoid of either interest or charm, and we should have about us only things that were so old that they would seem new.
- Book 1
- Oh! que ne suis-je de pierre comme toi!
- Oh, why am I not of stone, like you?
- Book 9, chapter 4
- Quand on voulut le détacher du squelette qu'il embrassait, il tomba en poussière.
- When they tried to detach this skeleton from the one it embraced, it crumbled to dust.
- Book 11, chapter 4
|This literature-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|