The Impossible (2012 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nothing is more powerful than the human spirit.
The Impossible is a 2012 film about a family caught, with tens of thousands of strangers, in the mayhem of one of the worst natural catastrophes of our time - the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [at the hospital] Lucas, look at this place. They're so busy in here. You get to go and do something. Go help people. You're good at it.
- Lucas: I'm always a brave kid, mom, but I'm scared.
- Maria: I'm scared too.
- Maria: [hearing a child cry out] Wait, did you hear that?
- Lucas: Mom, there's nothing we can do.
- Maria: Wait.
- Lucas: We are almost there but we have to get to safety.
- Maria: No, we have to help that boy.
- Lucas: If a wave catches us down here, we will die! We have to climb that tree right now.
- Maria: [Yells] Where are you?
- Lucas: Mom, look at you. We need help! We can't risk it mom. Come on.
- Maria: Listen, what if that boy was Simon or Thomas? What if they needed help? You'd want someone to help them, wouldn't you?
- Lucas: Simon and Thomas are dead!
- Maria: [pause] Even if it's the last thing we do...
- Thomas: I'm scared
- Henry: I know, I know. I'm scared too but do you know, the most scary bit for me?
- Thomas: When the water hit?
- Henry: No, after that, when I came up and I was all on my own. That was the scariest part. Then I saw the two of you, clinging to that tree, I didn't feel so scared anymore because I knew I wasn't on my own. What if Mommy and Lucas are on their own right now? Hmm? Imagine how scared they'll be.
- Thomas: We'll look for them together.
- Henry: No.
- Thomas: You can't...
- Henry: Thomas, no, you have to look after Simon and I'm gonna keep looking for them. Okay? Okay?
- Henry: [on a borrowed cell phone] Did you hear from anyone yet?
- Family Member: No, Henry, you're the first to call. Is everybody all right?
- Henry: Maria and Lucas are not here.
- Family Member: What do you, what do you mean they're not there?
- Henry: The water came and swept everyone away, and I found, I found Thomas and Simon... and I don't know what to do. I don't know where to look. [crying] Lots of people need to use the phone okay? I'll call you later.
- Karl: You can't leave it like that. Come on.
- Henry: [calling back] It's me again. Look, I promise you that I won't stop looking until I find them, okay? I don't know what I'm going to do cause it's nighttime now but I'll look in all the hospitals and I look in all the shelters. I will find them I promise you that. I'll call you when I do.
- Naomi Watts - Maria Bennett
- Ewan McGregor - Henry Bennett
- Tom Holland - Lucas Bennett, the 13-year-old son of Maria and Henry
- Samuel Joslin - Tomas Bennett, the seven-and-a-half-year-old son of Maria and Henry
- Oaklee Pendergast - Simon Bennett, the age of five-year-old son of Maria and Henry
- Sönke Möhring - Karl Schweber