The Innocents (1961 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Jack Clayton. Written by William Archibald, based on The Turn of the Screw by Henry James.
Apparitions? Evils? Corruptions? (taglines)
- Miss Giddens: The children... have they had a governess before?
- The Uncle: Yes, unfortunately. Not that there was anything wrong with Miss Jessel. She was an excellent governess and a most respectable woman. The children quite liked her especially little Flora. Oh, which reminds me: Be careful not to broach that subject to Flora unless she broaches it to you first which I doubt will happen. She was so fond of Miss Jessel and it did come as an appalling shock.
- Miss Giddens: I'm not certain that I understand you, sir.
- The Uncle: She died.
- Apparitions? Evils? Corruptions?
- Do they ever return to posses the Living?
- A strange new experience in shock.
- You'll Get the Shock of Your Life!
- Deborah Kerr — Miss Giddens
- Michael Redgrave — The Uncle
- Peter Wyngarde — Peter Quint
- Megs Jenkins — Mrs. Grose
- Martin Stephens — Miles
- Pamela Franklin — Flora
- Clytie Jessop — Miss Jessel
- Isla Cameron — Anna
- The Innocents quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Innocents at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Innocents at Allmovie
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|