The Invitation (2015 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I'm so glad you're here. We have a lot to talk about. So much to say tonight.
- Each one of us is on a journey and we feel it's important to be on this journey with the people you love.
- It's too big for any of us alone.
- Maybe I wasn't prepared to be here tonight.
- It's not about grief or counseling, or family. It's about fucking denial.
- Something dangerous is going on, and we're all just ignoring it because David brought some good wine!
- Grief, anger, depression, abuse... it's all just chemical reactions.
- Forgiveness doesn't have to wait. I'm free to forgive myself and so are you. It's a beautiful thing. It really is.
- Kira: Will. Will. Hey. I asked if you were okay.
- Will: Sorry.
- Kira: You know, we don't have to do this. We can just go home.
- Will: I'll be fine.
- Kira: [looking at their invitation] God, this thing is so thick. Official.
- Will: Maybe they're overcompensating. It's kind of hard to call everybody up out of the blue after two years.
- Will: You look different, Edie.
- Eden: I am different. I'm free. All that useless pain, it's gone. It's something anyone can have, Will, and I want you to have it too.
- Miguel: Will thinks you guys are on pills. Figuratively.
- David: You think we're crazy?
- Will: I-I never said that.
- David: It's okay, I'm not offended. A lot of people think we're crazy. But I doubt they're as happy as we are.
- There is nothing to be afraid of.
- There is no darkness. Just reunion.
- There's a plan for us.
- I'm free. All that useless pain is gone.
- Tonight is the night our faith becomes real.
- Logan Marshall-Green - Will
- Tammy Blanchard - Eden
- Michiel Huisman - David
- Emayatzy Corinealdi - Kira
- Lindsay Burdge - Sadie
- Jay Larson - Ben
- Michelle Krusiec - Gina
- Jordi Vilasuso - Miguel
- Mike Doyle - Tommy
- John Carroll Lynch - Pruitt
- Karl Yune - Choi
- Toby Huss - Dr. Joseph
- Marieh Delfino - Claire