The King of Marvin Gardens
The King of Marvin Gardens is a 1972 American drama film. It stars Jack Nicholson, Bruce Dern, Ellen Burstyn and Scatman Crothers. It is one of the several collaborations between Nicholson and director Bob Rafelson. The majority of the film is set in a wintry Atlantic City, New Jersey, with the plot and the cinematography by László Kovács. The title alludes to one of the properties in the game Monopoly (original version).
- Jason Staebler: You notice how it's Monopoly out there? Remember Boardwalk, Park Place, Marvin Gardens?
- David Staebler: Go to jail?
- Jason Staebler: Well, that's me. Don't pass go, don't collect $200.
- Jack Nicholson - David Staebler
- Bruce Dern - Jason Staebler
- Ellen Burstyn - Sally
- Julia Anne Robinson - Jessica
- Scatman Crothers - Lewis
- Charles Lavine - Grandfather