The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water
The Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water is a 2002 animated film and the ninth film in The Land Before Time series. It was produced and directed by Charles Grosvenor, with the last time they would use the soundtrack composed by James Horner. During the year this was released, Universal brought back on DVD, for the first time, two of the previous Land Before Time films; The Great Valley Adventure and The Time of the Great Giving. It is paired with Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.
- Littlefoot: [regarding the rain] I wish it would stop.
- Grandma Longneck: Oh, Littlefoot. It will stop; it always does. [lightning threshes through the sky] Although I'm beginning to have my doubts.
- [as Littlefoot drinks water, Mo blows bubbles onto his face, in the form of a beard. He then moves his own head through the remaining bubbles, and rises to show Littlefoot]
- Mo: Now Mo have bubble face, too!
- Littlefoot: And since we can't get home the old way, maybe we can a new way home by going that way.
- [they all look]
- Littlefoot: And while we're at it, we can take Mo to the Big Water. What do you say?
- Ducky: Well, I say yes. [jumping around] Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. And what about you, Spike?
- Spike: Uh-huh.
- Petrie: Count me in, too. What you say, Cera?
- Cera: Well...
- Littlefoot: Great. Petrie, you fly around and see if there's any water paths that lead to the Big Water.
- Petrie: Okay. [flies off Cera]
- Littlefoot: You'll see, Cera. Mo will make this trip so much fun.
- Cera: Yeah, right.
- Cera: [panicking over the crab on her horn] Let go, let go, let go!!!
- Mo: [rapid squeaking. The crab lets go...]
- Littlefoot: Wow. Good going, Mom!
- Petrie: Me want to learn to squeak like that! It sure come in handy!
- Ducky: What did you say to it, Mo?
- Mo: [repeats the squawking]
- Cera: Uh, right. Which means?
- Mo: Let go!
- Cera: Oh, well. Yeah! I knew that!
- Mrs. Mama: [realizing the gang are not a threat to her eggs] Why, you're not much more than babies yourselves!
- Cera: Not much more than babies? Why I'm practically all grown up!
- Cera: Get him. [jumping up] Yeah!