The Legend of Vox Machina
The Legend of Vox Machina is an American adult animated fantasy streaming television series produced by Critical Role Productions, Titmouse, Inc., and Amazon Studios, which premiered on Amazon Prime Video on January 28, 2022. It is based on campaign one of the Dungeons & Dragons web series Critical Role. The series stars Laura Bailey, Taliesin Jaffe, Ashley Johnson, Matthew Mercer, Liam O'Brien, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, and Travis Willingham reprising their roles from Critical Role's first campaign.
The first season consists of twelve episodes. Ten of the first season's episodes were funded via a Kickstarter campaign. In November 2019, the series was renewed by Amazon for a second season, which premiered on January 20, 2023. On October 6, 2022, ahead of season two's premiere, Amazon renewed the series for a third season.
"The Terror of Tal'Dorei – Part 1"
- Scanlan: (playing his lute and singing for the tavern keeper's daughter) La, da, da. La, da, da, my lady's rose I will pluck. My love, it's time for us to fu— (Percy is thrown into the room) For goodness' sakes. Percy, the hell, man? If you want to join in, you got to ask first.
- Scanlan: (singing to the council) Brave warriors are we and far more clever than a fox. They'll tell tale of our exploits in the Legend Of Vox Machina!
- Keyleth: (vomits)
- Scanlan: (like Elvis) Uh, thank you very much.
- Pike: (blessing a house) May the Everlight shine upon your home. Everything will be... tip-top. Okay, I'm sure you'll survive these trying times so... good luck?
- Vex: You all realize we're going to die truly a horrible death.
- Vax: Perhaps, sister. But we'll die gloriously. And we'll kill a fucking dragon.
"The Terror of Tal'Dorei – Part 2"
- Gilmore: (noticing customers in his shop) You have entered a realm of mystery, of magic, of marvel. Welcome to Gilmore's Glorious Goods! Enchanted curios and magical artifacts at discounted prices. I take gold, silver, platinum. (sees Vax, gasps) Why, if it isn't the mysterious Vax'ildan? Oh, I was hoping you would swing back through again.
- Vax'ildan: If we survive this. I owe you dinner.
- Gilmore: You owe more than that, my handsome half-elf.
- Pike: All right, you two, foreplay's over. We should probably find our friends.
- Krieg: The age of man is coming to an end. There was a time when dragons ruled all of Tal'Dorei, when we ruled the entire world!
- (after a fight against Vox Machina, Brimscythe has his neck cut by Vax's knife and Vex's magic-infused arrow)
- Brimscythe: (last words) I will sunder your bones!
- Vex'ahlia: Look who's nice and low.
- Grog: (sneers) I would like to... (roaring) RAGE!!!!! (rushes towards Brimscythe and slices his head in half with a blow from his axe, killing the dragon) (groans) Is he dead?
- Keyleth: (chuckles softly) We did that! We did that, right?
- Percy: It seems being a bunch of assholes has its merits.
- Uriel: Vox Machina, for your selfless heroism, I proclaim you all protectors of the realm and honorary members of the council of Tal'Dorei. I know, I can hardly believe it myself.
"The Feast of Realms"
- Grog: Percy, I say you just walk over to the Briarwoods, say "hello" to break the ice, then punch them in the face. See what happens.
- Sylas: Interestingly enough, we're not originally from Whitestone.
- Percy: Of course you're not.
- Delilah: Tell me, have you heard how we became caretakers of Whitestone? The official story is that city was administered by the de Rolo family until they succumbed to a rare disease. But I'm afraid the truth is, we concocted that tale to protect their legacy. The sad reality is that the de Rolos abdicated. They grew bored of ruling, and after their children raided the treasury, they abandoned their people to rot.
- Percy: Liars!
"Shadows at the Gates"
- Scanlan: Uh. it's says Pyramid, Spirits of the dead and right here a tiny letters that say (flips off Vax) Fuck you, Vax.
- Vax'ildan: Oh, lovely. Care to translate this? (Rapid fire middle fingers)
- Vax'ildan: I know we have a lot to talk about, but I'm not turning into a vampire, am I? (Vex nods towards Vax's reflection) I withdraw the question.
- Keyleth: Didn't know about your past. But I guess none of us ever share that kind of stuff, huh? I may never see my family again.
- Percy: What?
- Keyleth: Yeah. My Aramenté. I don't get to go home until I complete it and prove myself worthy. Which might not happen, so...
- Percy: I didn't know that.
- Keyleth: I'm just saying, I know you think you're alone. That we don't know what you're going through. But you don't have to be.
- Percy: I appreciate that, Keyleth, truly. And for the record, I think you're damn worthy. But there's a world of difference between your struggle and mine. Whether you succeed or fail, your family is still alive.
- Vax'ildan: Dagger, dagger, dagger... wooden stake.
- Vax'ildan: Pike is going to be fine.
- Grog: I know that. She's stronger than all of us. I'm more worried about us without her.
- Vax'ildan: Me too, Grog.
- Vex'ahlia: Come on Percy, faster! H'yaa!
- Percival: This thing was not built for speed - and did you just "h'yaa" me?!
- Vex'ahlia: I keep thinking about when we left Syngorn.
- Vax'ildan: Hmm. Yeah? Screw that place. And Father. Whole thing nearly broke us.
- Vex'ahlia: Nearly. But it didn't. Because we stuck together. (as they watch Keyleth) We didn't let ourselves get distracted by pretty things. Careful, brother. Those vines have thorns.
- Vax'ildan: You're imagining things, Stubby. No one will ever come between us. You know, sometimes courage is knowing there could be trouble and taking the chance anyway.
- Vex'ahlia: So is stupidity.
- (the group look in horror and disbelief at the Sun Tree, which is strung with corpses)
- Keyleth: (horrified) It's us.
- (the corpses are from the seven "dinner guests" dressed to look like the members of Vox Machina)
"Spark of Rebellion"
- Grog: For the ale!
- Scanlan: "Scanlan the Revolutionary" has a nice ring to it. Ooh! I could get a beret!
- Vax'ildan: It's not a door. It's a thing of evil.
- Stonefell: (to the masked Percy) What are you supposed to be, freak?
- Percy: I am vengeance for the de Rolos.
- Stonefell: (laughs) The de Rolos? Now that takes me back. Some folks you kill 'cause you're ordered to. Them, I killed 'cause I wanted to.
- Percy: Let me say, you were the one I was least looking forward to.
- Percival: I am the sole surviving de Rolo. I will have my vengeance, and no one will stand in my way!
- Archibald: But Percy. You are not the last de Rolo.
- Percival: What?
- Archibald: Your sister, Cassandra… she lives.
- Percival: (looking back at the burning prison) I have a sister.
- Duke Vedmire: I'm afraid this performance is over. You're weak. You're small. And in this world, that means you lose.
- Scanlan: Wait, wait, wait. It's true. I'm all talk. Everyone thinks I'm a joke. But the brothels have taught me one thing: size doesn't matter. It's how you use it.
"A Silver Tongue"
- Percy: (to Anders) We trusted you. You were our teacher! We would have done anything you asked, and you betrayed us when we needed you most. You're the face I saw when murder entered my heart.
"The Tide of Bone"
- Vax'ildan: (to Keyleth) Hey. You... you know I'm in love with you, right?
- Pike: May your weapons strike with the divine virtue of the Everlight. Now, go crush some fucking heads!!
"Depths of Deceit"
- Percy: (to Anna Ripley) At the moment, you are the luckiest person in Whitestone, because you're at the bottom of my list.
- Delilah Briarwood: (about Vax and Cassandra) The ritual requires a blood sacrifice. Now, we're spoiled for choice.
"Whispers at the Ziggurat"
- Pike: (to Keyleth; voice) You're their light now. Keep them out of darkness.
- Delilah Briarwood: Sylas, I broke the world for us.
"The Darkness Within"
- Vex'ahlia: (to Percy) I know you're in there. Darling, take off the mask.
- Cassandra: (after killing Delilah) I'm glad you forgave her, brother. But I cannot.
- Vax'ildan: (to Keyleth) Uh... I, uh... um... I'm going to walk away.
- Sovereign Uriel: (upon seeing the Chroma Conclave dragons approach Emon) Gods above us...
"Rise of the Chroma Conclave"
"The Trials of Vasselheim"
"The Sunken Tomb"
"Those Who Walk Away"
"Pass Through Fire"
"The Fey Realm"
"The Echo Tree"
"Test of Pride"
- Grog: (to Kevdak) You think history will remember you? I'm told a dragon made the mighty Kevdak, wielder of the Titanstone Knuckles, bend the knee. So tell me, Uncle, do you still have your shriveled nutsack, or did you give that to the dragon, too?
- Grog: My strength... comes from my friends.
- Grog: Vox Machina... fuck shit up!
- Zanror: At dawn, we shall whet our blades against the hide of a dragon!
- Percy: Uh, we might need a little more time than that. My contraptions tend to have a lot of gears and moving bits...
- Grog: And there's the drinking. We need more time for drinking.
- Zanror: At noon, we shall whet our blades!
- Grog: At dawn, we plan!
- Scanlan: (to Kaylie) And then, I disguised us all as cows!
"Belly of the Beast"
- Scanlan: I'm starting to think that the worst things in life come from fear, but... maybe the best things do, too. You don't get to choose your part in the play, but a true performer commits anyway.
- Vax'ildan: The Matron of Ravens. She's in my head, calling. So I thought I'd try answering.
- Vex: We'll come with you. I put you in this place.
- Vax: No one put me here, and I need to find these answers on my own.
- Vex: Do not go far from me.
- The Matron of Ravens: Champion. Vax'ildan. You've come at last.
- Vax'ildan: My sister lives. That debt will be paid. What do you want? My life? My soul? Or am I to be your puppet?
- The Matron: The Threads of Fate are not puppet strings. They connect life to destiny. You are fate-touched, able to see and bend the threads around you.
- Vax: (after rescuing Scanlan from dragon breath) You trying to get yourself killed?
- Scanlan: Sorry, I just... I got shit to prove.
- Vax: You? I found out I'm the champion of the Matron of Ravens.
- Scanlan: I found out I'm a father.
- Vax: You win.
- Scanlan: (to Umbrasyl) You leave when Scanlan Shorthalt tells you to leave.
"The Hope Devourer"
- Vax'ildan: (to the Matron of Ravens, while plummeting from the flying Umbrasyl) I'm in your hands, and I am no longer afraid.
- Laura Bailey as Vex'ahlia "Vex" Vessar
- Taliesin Jaffe as Percival "Percy" Fredrickstein Von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III
- Ashley Johnson as Pike Trickfoot
- Matthew Mercer as Lord Sylas Briarwood
- Liam O'Brien as Vax'ildan "Vax" Vessar
- Marisha Ray as Keyleth of the Air Ashari
- Sam Riegel as Scanlan Shorthalt
- Travis Willingham as Grog Strongjaw
Recurring / Guest
- Stephanie Beatriz as Lady Kima of Vord
- Khary Payton as Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei
- David Tennant as Brimscythe, the Iron Storm/General Krieg
- Indira Varma as Lady Allura Vysoren
- Grey Griffin as Delilah Briarwood
- Sunil Malhotra as Shaun Gilmore
- Eugene Byrd as Jarrett Howarth
- Darin De Paul as Kerrion Stonefell
- Rory McCann as Duke Vedmire
- Stephen Root as Professor Anders
- Dominic Monaghan as Archibald Desnay
- Gina Torres as Keeper Yennen
- Esmé Creed-Miles as Cassandra de Rolo
- Tracie Thoms as the Everlight
- Kelly Hu as Dr. Anna Ripley