The Living Daylights
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The new James Bond... living on the edge. taglines
The Living Daylights is a 1987 film in which James Bond is living on the edge to stop an evil arms dealer from starting another world war. Bond crosses all seven continents in order to stop the evil Whitaker and General Koskov.
- Directed by John Glen. Written by Richard Maibaum and Michael G. Wilson, based on a short story by Ian Fleming.
- That's too bad, Bond. You could've been a live rich man, instead of a poor dead one.
- Linda: [into phone] It's all so boring here, Margo - there's nothing but playboys and tennis pros. [sighs] If only I could find a real man.
- [James Bond, having just dispatched an assassin in a burning truck in mid-air, lands on the boat with a smoldering parachute]
- James Bond: I need to use your phone. [into phone] She'll call you back.
- Linda: Who are you?
- James Bond: Bond, James Bond. [into phone] Exercise Control, 007 here. I'll report in an hour.
- Linda: [offering drink] Won't you join me?
- James Bond: [into phone] Better make that two.
- Saunders: I'm telling M you deliberately missed. Your orders were to kill that sniper.
- James Bond: Stuff my orders! I only kill professionals. That girl didn't know one end of a rifle from the other. Go ahead. Tell M what you want. If he fires me, I'll thank him for it. Whoever she was, it must've scared the living daylights out of her.
- General Georgi Koskov: The sniper was a woman.
- James Bond: I noticed.
- General Georgi Koskov: Some of the best KGB shots are women.
- James Bond: Um-hum.
- General Georgi Koskov: Did you...
- James Bond: I'd rather not talk about it.
- Kara Milovy: [after escaping out of a small jail cell] You were fantastic. We're free.
- James Bond: Kara, we're inside a Russian airbase in the middle of Afghanistan.
- General Georgi Koskov: I'm sorry, James. For you I have great affection, but we have an old saying: duty has no sweethearts.
- James Bond: We have an old saying too, Georgi. And you're full of it.
- Leonid Pushkin: You are professional. You do not kill without reason.
- James Bond: Two of our men are dead. Koskov named you. Now why should I disobey my orders?
- Leonid Pushkin: I am in the dark as much as you are. It is a question of trust. Who do you believe? Koskov, or me?
- James Bond: If I trusted Koskov we wouldn't be talking. As long as you're alive, we'll never know what he's up to.
- Leonid Pushkin: Then I must die.
- Brad Whitaker: How do you like my personal pantheon of great commanders?
- Leonid Pushkin: Butchers.
- Brad Whitaker: Surgeons. They cut away society's dead flesh.
- Leonid Pushkin: Put him on the next plane to Moscow...
- General Georgi Koskov: Oh, thank you General, thank you so much...
- Leonid Pushkin: ...in the diplomatic bag.
- [Kamran Shah talks to two men in a different language]
- James Bond: What did you tell them?
- Kamran Shah: I tell them you not Russian. They no kill you now.
- Kara Milovy: Not now? How about later?
- James Bond: Don't worry, they'll save you for the hareem.
- The new James Bond... living on the edge.
- The most dangerous Bond. Ever.
- Living on the edge. It's the only way he lives.
- James Bond 007 at his most dangerous in The Living Daylights
- Enigmatic. Dangerous... Always living on the edge.
- Licensed to thrill.
- Timothy Dalton - James Bond
- Maryam d'Abo - Kara Milovy
- Jeroen Krabbé - General Georgi Koskov
- Joe Don Baker - Brad Whitaker
- John Rhys-Davies - General Leonid Pushkin
- Art Malik - Kamran Shah
- Andreas Wisniewski - Necros
- Thomas Wheatley - Saunders
- Desmond Llewelyn - Q
- Robert Brown - M
- Geoffrey Keen - Sir Frederick Gray
- Walter Gotell - General Anatol Gogol
- Caroline Bliss - Miss Moneypenny
- John Terry - Felix Leiter